Modeling with differential equations question answer missing

In summary, The person is asking for help with an equation and wants someone to guide them through it in order to be able to answer similar questions on their upcoming exam. They also mention that dividing the equation by x^2 will help to recognize the form of a differential equation.
pokerfan91
Iv'e got an exam in like 2 weeks and i don't have any material on how to do this question so i know the forum says i should make an attempt at the question but i really don't have a clue where to start could someone run me through it please so i will be able to answer it and others like it in the exam thanks

find the general soultion of the equation
x2y'=y2+3xy+x2

Physics news on Phys.org
Dividing the equation by x^2 will give you a form of a DE which should be recognisable.

brilliant why don't i see these things

Related to Modeling with differential equations question answer missing

1. What is the purpose of modeling with differential equations?

Modeling with differential equations allows scientists to describe and predict the behavior of systems, processes, and phenomena in the natural world. It is a powerful tool for understanding complex and dynamic systems.

2. How are differential equations used in scientific research?

Differential equations are used in various fields of science, such as physics, biology, chemistry, and engineering, to model and analyze a wide range of phenomena. They can be used to study the growth of populations, the spread of diseases, the movement of fluids, and many other natural and man-made systems.

3. What are some techniques for solving differential equations?

There are many techniques for solving differential equations, such as separation of variables, substitution, integration, and numerical methods. The specific method used will depend on the type of differential equation and the desired level of accuracy.

4. Can differential equations be solved analytically?

Yes, some differential equations can be solved analytically, meaning a closed-form solution can be found. However, many real-world problems require numerical methods or approximations due to their complexity.

5. How do differential equations relate to real-world applications?

Differential equations are essential for understanding and predicting the behavior of complex systems in the natural and physical world. They have many practical applications, such as in engineering, economics, and medicine, and are crucial for making informed decisions and solving real-world problems.