Molecular Bio/Genetics YouTube playlist needed for Genomic Data Scienc

In summary, if you are looking to learn genomics, it would be more beneficial to invest in a textbook rather than relying on YouTube videos. Some free textbook options are available online, and the website Rosalind offers helpful tools for self-directed learning in genomics.
issacnewton
TL;DR Summary
I am from physics background and I need some background in Genetics to learn Genomic Data Science
I am from physics background and I need some background in Genetics to learn Genomic Data Science. So, can people here suggest some youtube playlist ? I have not studied biology for a long time , so no idea about biology. Suggestions welcome

Thanks

Biology news on Phys.org
If you are serious about learning genetics and getting into genomics, I would suggest picking up a textbook rather than relying on YouTube videos. Here are a few textbooks available for free on the web (though they are older editions):
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21054/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21248/

Rosalind is a good site for self-directed learning of bioinformatic tools used in genomics: http://rosalind.info/problems/locations/

Likes docnet and BillTre

1. What is molecular biology?

Molecular biology is a branch of biology that focuses on the study of biological molecules, such as DNA, RNA, and proteins, and their interactions within living organisms. It involves techniques and methods from genetics, biochemistry, and biophysics to understand the structure and function of these molecules and how they contribute to the complexity of living systems.

2. What is genetics?

Genetics is the study of heredity and the variation of inherited traits in living organisms. It involves the study of genes, which are segments of DNA that contain instructions for the development and function of living organisms. Genetics also explores how genes are passed down from parents to offspring and how they can be altered or mutated.

3. What is a YouTube playlist for genomic data science?

A YouTube playlist for genomic data science is a curated collection of educational videos that cover various topics related to genomics, data analysis, and bioinformatics. These videos can range from lectures and tutorials to interviews and demonstrations, and are designed to help individuals learn and understand the principles and techniques used in genomic data science.

4. Why is a YouTube playlist useful for learning about genomic data science?

A YouTube playlist can be a valuable resource for learning about genomic data science because it offers a diverse range of visual and auditory materials that can help individuals understand complex concepts and techniques. Additionally, YouTube provides a platform for experts in the field to share their knowledge and insights, making it a convenient and accessible way to learn about genomic data science.

5. How can I find a suitable YouTube playlist for genomic data science?

There are several ways to find a suitable YouTube playlist for genomic data science. You can search for specific keywords related to the topic, browse through channels or playlists of reputable institutions or organizations, or ask for recommendations from colleagues or online communities. It is important to carefully evaluate the content and sources of the playlist to ensure its accuracy and relevance to your learning goals.