Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory

In summary, the conversation discusses the book "Introduction to the Statistical Physics of Integrable Many-body Systems" by Šamaj & Bajnok, which explores the connections between Statistical Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory. The book also provides exact solutions in Conformal Field Theory. The person involved in the conversation is interested in discussing the book and possibly solving problems together. They also mention other books with similar subjects, such as "Exactly Solved Models in Statistical Mechanics" by Baxter, "Exactly Solvable Models in Many-Body Theory" by March & Angilella, and "Beautiful Models: 70 Years of Exactly Solved Many-body Problems" by Sutherland.
jordi
I have been browsing this book, and it seems a quite interesting one. The traditional Statistical Mechanics is quite traditionally treated (so only average) but then, the linking of Statistical Mechanics with QFT, and the exact solutions in Conformal Field Theory, are quite nice.

But I do not see discussions about this book. And I do not think there are many other books with a similar subject.

Opinions?

Likes atyy
Physics news on Phys.org
Some of the books with a similar subject are:

Baxter - Exactly Solved Models in Statistical Mechanics

March & Angilella - Exactly Solvable Models in Many-Body Theory

Šamaj & Bajnok - Introduction to the Statistical Physics of Integrable Many-body Systems

Sutherland - Beautiful Models: 70 Years of Exactly Solved Many-body Problems

Likes jordi
Hello!

I know it's an old thread, but maybe you are still interested in the discussion of Mussardo's textbook. I'm going to try and solve some problems from the book, so it would be nice if we could help each other and check our results.

1. What is Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory?

Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory is a theoretical framework that combines concepts from statistical mechanics and quantum field theory to study the behavior of physical systems at a macroscopic level.

2. What are the main applications of Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory?

Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory has been used to study a wide range of physical systems, including phase transitions, critical phenomena, and the behavior of condensed matter systems.

3. How does Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory differ from other statistical field theories?

Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory differs from other statistical field theories in its use of conformal field theory techniques, which allow for the study of critical phenomena and phase transitions at a more fundamental level.

4. What are the key concepts in Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory?

The key concepts in Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory include correlation functions, partition functions, and the renormalization group, which are used to describe the behavior of physical systems at different length scales.

5. Is Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory still relevant in current research?

Yes, Mussardo's Statistical Field Theory continues to be a valuable tool in modern research, particularly in the study of complex systems and critical phenomena. It also has applications in areas such as quantum information theory and high energy physics.