My logic vs. Calculated Results: Plots of Thrust, RPM, Spillage

In summary: It is normal to feel a little confused when dealing with complex concepts like this, so don't worry. Just keep practicing and seeking help when needed.
roldy
I finally figured out what my previous problem was in my last question posted. I have obtained the plots required but I am a little confused about the trends.

(1) At low Mach, should my thrust be lower compared to the value at a higher Mach?
(2) Should the RPM decrease with an increase in Mach?
(3) Should spillage decrease with an increase in Mach?

I've attached plots of what I obtained. Each plot as 8 curves for different fuel flow rates ranging from .1 to .7 and also the on-design point fuel flow rate of .2506 kg/s.

My logic

(1) I would think that an increase in Mach would decrease thrust because the mass capture of air would decrease.
(2) Following from the statement above would result in an increase of RPM with an increase in Mach.
(3) Spillage would increase due to the mass capture of air decreasing.

Could someone help me out with this logic?

Attachments

• RPM vs Mach.jpg
    RPM vs Mach.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 441
  • Spillage vs Mach.jpg
    Spillage vs Mach.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 459
  • Thrust vs Mach.jpg
    Thrust vs Mach.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 468
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm still a bit confused.Your logic is correct. At low Mach numbers, the thrust should be lower compared to higher Mach numbers, because the mass capture of air decreases. Likewise, RPM should increase with an increase in Mach number, as the mass capture of air decreases, and spillage should also increase due to the same reason.

Related to My logic vs. Calculated Results: Plots of Thrust, RPM, Spillage

What is the purpose of comparing my logic vs. calculated results for plots of thrust, RPM, and spillage?

The purpose of this comparison is to evaluate the accuracy and effectiveness of your logic in predicting these variables compared to the calculated results. It can help identify any discrepancies or errors in your logic and improve the overall reliability of your data analysis.

How can I plot thrust, RPM, and spillage for comparison?

You can plot these variables on a graph or chart, with the x-axis representing the different values of your logic and the y-axis representing the corresponding calculated results. This allows for a visual comparison of the data and makes it easier to identify any patterns or differences.

What factors can affect the accuracy of my logic in predicting these variables?

Some factors that can impact the accuracy of your logic may include human error, assumptions made in the calculations, or external factors that were not accounted for. It is important to carefully review and analyze your logic to ensure it is as accurate as possible.

How can I improve the accuracy of my logic?

To improve the accuracy of your logic, you can review and refine your calculations, consult with other experts in the field, or conduct additional experiments to gather more data. It is also helpful to regularly review and update your logic as needed.

What other variables should I consider when comparing my logic vs. calculated results?

In addition to thrust, RPM, and spillage, other variables that may be relevant to your analysis could include temperature, pressure, or different operating conditions. It is important to carefully consider all relevant variables in order to accurately compare your logic to calculated results.