My Love Story in My 30s: How Age Has Changed My Views

• Thread starter Silicon Waffle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Age Love
In summary, Greg is in his 30s, has been in love once before, and is now in his mid-20s. He is married for the third time and has two children. He advises not to give up on love.
Silicon Waffle
Would you mind if I ask how old you are ?
I am in my 30s, have fallen in love once when I was in my early 20s. After the breakup, I don't want to fall in love again.

Physics news on Phys.org
Really? Happy belated birthday to Greg!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Was expecting a thread about rabies.

Likes davenn, Irol, Matilda Salazar and 1 other person
HomogenousCow said:
:biggrin:

Don't restrict yourself to just one my friend, maybe I'm a softie but I've "been stricken" or "fallen in love" with at least 3 different girls that is to say I enjoyed their company enough to be in long-term relationships with them. 2 out of the 3 I still infrequently talk.. it's easy to get cynical after someone breaks your heart but she probably feels the same way.. just depends if it was mutual or if she dumped you, etc.

Oh yes and I'm in my mid 20s.. love is a tough game for sure but to make it work IMHO it's all about compromise. First "true love" I'd say was when I was 17, although I've had a few crushes/flirtations/etc since about 12.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Silicon Waffle said:
I am in my 30s, have fallen in love once when I was in my early 20s. After the breakup, I don't want to fall in love again.
LOL I'm 66. I am married for the third and final time. I remember the name of each of my lovers over the years.

My mother taught that the pain is the scars forming that will protect you in later years.

Likes Silicon Waffle
25, only loved one person besides my Dog. The rest I met at bars.

Likes Silicon Waffle
:oldbiggrin: Your posts all really crack me up. Thanks a lot .

Likes HuskyNamedNala
Silicon Waffle said:

57, male, married for almost 30 years, would marry her again if I could go back in time.

I am sure there are many out there that are nearly your perfect match, be it a friend or a life partner. I spent a lot of time alone and was not unhappy. Be well!

I am 3 days past my 51st. (Yes, Friday the 13th.)

30 here.

Likes Silicon Waffle
HomogenousCow said:

I was also :biggrin:
Anyway, will turn 38 this August :nb)

Likes Silicon Waffle
51. Been in love several times. In my experience, the older you get, the more amazing love gets. I advise you to not give up on it, Silicon Waffle!

Likes Silicon Waffle
Two time two,
Five times over,
Now take away one ,
That many years have I done,
Though none as a lover.

Last edited:
Likes Bandersnatch and Silicon Waffle
So you are still a 44 year old virgin. :oldbiggrin:.
I'm not giving up on love.

44? I got 19.

5x(2x2)-1 = 19

DaveC426913 said:
44? I got 19.

5x(2x2)-1 = 19

2x2= 4
'4'.5 = 45
45-1=44
I thought so...OK I was wrong.:mad::-p

56 in July and feel like 66 hahaha

Likes Silicon Waffle
I am 24 and the ways I have been bitten were not with love.

It's not for lack of trying though, I think it's lack of compatibility. Makes me sad sometimes but then I eat some ice cream or chocolate (or both!) and I get over it.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Aw some of these responses :(

Silver_rose said:
It's not for lack of trying though, I think it's lack of compatibility. Makes me sad sometimes but then I eat some ice cream or chocolate (or both!) and I get over it.
That's hilarious! lol.

Just to clarify.. as a guy there's a huge difference between love and sex :P. I guess it comes down to quality over quantity?

If you are not counting your age in hexadecimal then you are either insufficiently old, or insufficiently geeky, or both.

Generally it's best to delay marriage until your mid or late teens - my wife and I met when she was bakerteen, married when she was easyteen and I was foxteen.

Nugatory said:
my wife and I met when she was bakerteen, married when she was easyteen and I was foxteen.
You are old!

(Wouldn't you have met when you were bakerven?)

DaveC426913 said:
You are old!
Let's just say it's a good thing that the thirties last so long...

(Wouldn't you have met when you were bakerven?)

The way I learned to count, it's: zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, able, baker, charley, dog, easy, fox, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, ableteen, bakerteen, charleyteen, dogteen, easyteen, foxteen, twenty, ...

Not so young, to love a woman for singing, nor
so old to dote on her for any thing: I have years
on my back twenty by hexadecimal count.(That's not true, actually. Singing is usually all it takes)

Bandersnatch said:
Not so young, to love a woman for singing, nor
so old to dote on her for any thing: I have years
on my back twenty by hexadecimal count.
You are 100000 years old!

Have a girl which I love, never married but i want to. Hope it will be)

1. How has your perception of love changed as you've gotten older?

My perception of love has changed significantly as I've gotten older. In my 30s, I have learned to prioritize self-love and understanding what I truly want and need in a partner. I have also learned that love is not just about grand gestures and passion, but also about communication, compromise, and a deep connection.

2. What are some challenges you have faced in finding love in your 30s?

Finding love in my 30s has come with its own set of challenges. There is societal pressure to settle down and start a family, which can make it difficult to focus on finding the right person. Additionally, I have had to navigate through past relationships and personal baggage to truly understand what I want and need in a partner.

3. Has your idea of a perfect partner changed as you've aged?

Yes, my idea of a perfect partner has definitely changed as I've aged. In my 20s, I may have had a superficial idea of a perfect partner based on societal norms and expectations. But now, my idea of a perfect partner is someone who is kind, understanding, and supportive, and who shares similar values and goals as me.

4. How have your experiences in previous relationships influenced your current perspective on love?

My experiences in previous relationships have greatly influenced my current perspective on love. I have learned from past mistakes and have a better understanding of what I want and need in a relationship. I am also more aware of red flags and am better at setting boundaries and communicating my needs.

5. What advice would you give to someone in their 30s who is still searching for love?

My advice to someone in their 30s who is still searching for love would be to focus on self-love and growth. Take the time to understand yourself and what you truly want and need in a partner. Don't settle for someone who doesn't make you truly happy and don't be afraid to let go of relationships that are not fulfilling. Trust that the right person will come along when the time is right.