My Solution Explorer Changed Again - What Did I Do?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker was working on a program and their Solution Explorer changed. The files they had previously organized under Header Files and Source Files were now gone and showing as "unloaded". They were unsure of how this happened and needed help getting their project back to its original state. They had also encountered an issue where the project could not find the Inventory.h file, even though it was clearly present in the project. After experimenting and researching, they discovered that moving the Inventory.h file from the Header Files folder to the Source Files folder solved the issue. They were unsure why the compiler could not find the file in the Header Files folder.
yungman
I was working on a program and for whatever reason my Solution Explorer change again. Now when I toggle to Inventory.sln, this is what I have:
Solution Explorer sln.jpg
It said Inventory(unloaded). I had Header Files and Source Files with all the files in them, now it's gone.

When I toggle to the other view, the files are still there:
Solution Explorer other.jpg

I don't know what I did to make it like this and I don't know how to get it back. Please help.Also I created the project Inventory, I use Add-->New to add Inventory.h, Inventory.cpp and source.cpp. But it still it complains it cannot fine Inventory.h. Here is the printout of part of the Inventory.vcxproj that show they are all there:
Inventory.vcxproj.jpg

Please advice.

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
I have been experiment and reading, I have not seen any objection to put the header file Inventory.h in Source Files folder instead of Header Files folder. So I deleted the Inventory.h from the Header Files folder and Add-->New to create Inventory.h into Source Files folder. It seem to work ( of cause I still have errors, but it doesn't complain not finding the Inventory.h anymore).

Anything wrong with this? I have no idea why the compiler cannot find Inventory.h when it was in Header Files folder.

Thanks

What happens when my solution explorer changes?

When your solution explorer changes, it means that something in your project or code has been altered. This could be due to a change you made yourself, or a change made by someone else on your team.

Why does my solution explorer keep changing?

There are several reasons why your solution explorer may keep changing. It could be due to a bug in your code, a mistake in your project settings, or a plugin or extension that is causing conflicts.

Can I undo the changes in my solution explorer?

Yes, you can undo the changes in your solution explorer. Most code editors have an undo button or shortcut that allows you to revert back to a previous state. You can also use version control systems like Git to revert back to a previous version of your code.

How can I prevent my solution explorer from changing?

To prevent your solution explorer from changing, it is important to regularly save your work and keep track of any changes you make. It's also a good idea to check for any updates or conflicts with plugins or extensions that you are using.

Should I be concerned if my solution explorer changes frequently?

Frequent changes in your solution explorer can indicate that there may be issues with your code or project. It's important to pay attention to these changes and make sure they are intentional. If you are unsure, it's always a good idea to consult with your team or a mentor for guidance.