Narcisism- how often do you look at your own profile?

• Thread starter DivergentSpectrum
  • Start date
In summary: I had checked few times yours profile instead of her ;)once I know that it's a girl I usually check out her profile.:cool:In summary, this person looks at their profile and posts frequently to check for mistakes and to be inspired, but mostly to marvel at their own genius.
DivergentSpectrum
thought this would be kinda fun.

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?

Physics news on Phys.org
Within the first day I reread my posts frequently, mostly to double check spelling/grammar, and to make sure that my intended thoughts were communicated succinctly. That way I can make edits if I flubbed my words. But after that, I usually won't look at the posts unless I want to privately laugh at myself.

We have profiles? (That rings a bell, but I don't think I've looked at that in a really long time.)

DivergentSpectrum said:

How often do you look at your own profile, or reread your posts over and over again just to marvel at your genius?
My genius stays buried in my mind, I can never seem to put the correct words out, I read my post in disbelief of some things I say and I use the profile function most times to see who I might be responding to.

DivergentSpectrum said:

It takes me forever! to write a "proper" Physics Forum post, and often learn a fair bit in the process, sometimes resulting in me not needing to post or realizing my perspective was "wrong".

It would be genius (comparatively...to my actual ability ;) if all my posts were first draft/initial thought. Though at times I do marvel at my "new found" knowledge, or re-read my prior posts to reclaim lost/forgotten Special relativity concepts/perspectives.

I haven't set up my profile actually, but I am sure if i did id be admiring it all the time :P
Recently I've found myself re-reading my posts on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/integral-of-1-x-ln-x-or.788556/
maybe its a problem.
Id have to say 99% of my posts i end up editing, but whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction.

DivergentSpectrum said:
I haven't set up my profile actually, but I am sure if i did id be admiring it all the time :P
Recently I've found myself re-reading my posts on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/integral-of-1-x-ln-x-or.788556/
maybe its a problem.
Id have to say 99% of my posts i end up editing, but whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction.

lol I'm so good at making points!

...whenever i make a good point i always re-read it for the satisfaction. what about trying to argue the other side / counter point? Nothing like "one-uping" yourself.

Once, when Greg made me upload an avatar photo.

Likes edward
I look much more often profiles of other forum members.

zoki85 said:

That, I do believe, is what they were meant for. :D

Likes lisab
zoki85 said:
Me too, and sometimes I use mine as a bridge from one member to another.

I checked it out when we made the change to PF 4.0, too.

lisab said:

? :)

lisab said:

I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:

zoki85 said:
I've checked your profile more than once :oldsmile:

Bro that just sounds creepy.

But yeah I basically stare at my profile 24/7.

WannabeNewton said:
Bro that just sounds creepy.
If you ask me, it would sound more creapier & weirder if I had checked few times yours profile instead of her ;)

once I know that it's a girl I usually check out her profile.:cool:

I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.

Likes DivergentSpectrum
Of course, I just became a member of physics forums although I have been on the websites a few times before signing up. I look at the profiles of other people who I think are geniuses or "geniuses" because they inspire me. I also look at the posts and profiles of other people because I long for academic advice everyday.

Matterwave said:
I don't visit my own profile that often. But I do revisit my own posts, to marvel at my own genius, as you suggest. I also have a mirror on my desk which I constantly stare into to marvel at my own handsomeness. Sometimes I kiss it...gently.
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P

DivergentSpectrum said:
lmao you just took it to a whole 'nother level there :P

I get distracted by myself whenever I walk by a reflective surface... being this handsome is both a blessing and a curse. #justtoogoodlooking#canttakemyeyesoffofmyself

I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."

Thanks to your thread, I just did!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Likes Medicol
nuuskur said:
I look at myself in the mirror and go "damn, look at those muscles, boy! Too bad, I'm straight."
:DD

Lol, this reminds me of silence of the lambs "would you f me? Id f me" :DD

Likes Medicol
I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and I am bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)

DivergentSpectrum said:
I changed my avatar I realized the last one was just a little too gay for me ( and I am bi so yes, I find myself very sexy XD)
What ? Your avatar looks good! it's totally gayless as far as I can see ! :DD

1. How common is narcissism?

Narcissism is estimated to affect approximately 6% of the population, with rates varying by age, gender, and culture.

2. What are the common signs of narcissism?

Some common signs of narcissism include an excessive need for admiration, a lack of empathy, a sense of entitlement, and a preoccupation with one's own appearance and achievements.

3. Can narcissism be treated?

Yes, narcissism can be treated through therapy and other interventions. However, it is important to note that narcissists often do not see themselves as having a problem and may be resistant to seeking treatment.

4. Is there a difference between healthy self-esteem and narcissism?

Yes, there is a difference between healthy self-esteem and narcissism. While both involve a positive view of oneself, narcissism is characterized by an excessive and unrealistic sense of self-importance and a need for constant admiration.

5. Can narcissism be inherited?

There is evidence to suggest that genetics may play a role in the development of narcissism, but it is not the sole determining factor. Environmental and social factors also contribute to the development of narcissistic traits.