NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thread

In summary, the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is my favorite domestic sports event. Anyone watching and cheering for a team? Anyone with an alma mater in the tournament? I'm cheering for Wisconsin! Hoping for a few upsets in the second round!KU --- "Rock chalk ..." Cheer for them? Nah --- they've got a bad habit of going in cocky and getting dumped by schools no one's ever heard of before. UK? Nice shade of blue. No good "Cinderellas" this year that I've seen, but there might be someone ooze through the first round worth watching.Let's go Buffalo!Never got into NCAA :( But talk to me about anything
The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is my favorite domestic sports event. Anyone watching and cheering for a team? Anyone with an alma mater in the tournament? I'm cheering for Wisconsin! Hoping for a few upsets in the second round!

Physics news on Phys.org
KU --- "Rock chalk ..." Cheer for them? Nah --- they've got a bad habit of going in cocky and getting dumped by schools no one's ever heard of before. UK? Nice shade of blue. No good "Cinderellas" this year that I've seen, but there might be someone ooze through the first round worth watching.

Let's go Buffalo!

Never got into NCAA :( But talk to me about anything NBA related :D

Sounds exciting! huh :)

I watched GSW vs UTAH last night, Steph Curry for MVP! :D

Last night the NBC Nightly News committed a major gaffe. Lester Holt noted that the Final Four teams had been set, and displayed the team logos and names. Underneath the green Spartan logo was "Michigan", not "Michigan State." :eek:

FinalFour.jpg

I'll be watching tonight to see if Lester apologizes to the Spartan fans.

Even though my first loyalty is to Michigan, I'd be delighted to see Wisconsin versus Michigan State in the final, but I suspect it will end up as Kentucky versus Duke.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Go Kentucky! If they win, I win my NCAA Bracket pool at work!

On the other hand, if Wisconsin beats them and Duke loses, I lose the pool by 1 point. If Duke beats Kentucky in the final, I lose by 1 point.

(If Wisconsin wins and Duke wins, I lose by a lot more than 1 point, which isn't really any better.)

So, for that matter, go Michigan St, too! (If Kentucky beats Wisconsin and Michigan St beats Duke, I win no matter what happens in the final.)

In fact, if I hadn't picked Michigan St to make the Final Four, I wouldn't even be in a position to win. That region crushed a lot people's hopes.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm cheering for Wisconsin!
Me too. They're going to have a tough time with Kentucky though. Go Badgers!

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8901043.jpg

Next, Duke.

Go Wisconsin! I am a duke fan, though! <3. I bleed blue.

Championship game tonight! Who's watching?

If you are not cheering for the Badgers you could be banned :D

Is this poof enough?

Well, here we go! Time to pull for the Big Ten, even if they can't count correctly... :rolleyes:

Likes dlgoff
Since I was there last October, I must say, very nice campus.

Memorial_Union_and_quadrangle.jpg

GO BADGERS!

Good game so far. They've traded the lead a few times and are now tied 31-31 at the half.

jtbell said:
Good game so far. They've traded the lead a few times and are now tied 31-31 at the half.
I don't know if my heart will survive the second half. :olduhh:

dlgoff said:
I don't know if my heart will survive the second half. :olduhh:

Well, Wisconsin sure didn't. Wisconsin's dry spell in shooting and Duke's coming on strong at the end did them in. :frown:

I'm wondering what part of "Shoot the dang ball" they didn't understand. :oldcry:

Sorry, @Greg Bernhardt - good game though (I've watched more basketball over the last few weeks than the entire rest of my life!)

WI played their worst game and the refs were pro Duke. I feel really down. WI won't have another run like that for decades. Duke will be back in the mix next year.

1. What is the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament?

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, also known as March Madness, is a single-elimination college basketball competition that determines the national champion among Division I men's teams in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

2. How many teams participate in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament?

A total of 68 teams participate in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, including 32 automatic qualifiers who win their respective conference tournaments and 36 at-large teams selected by the NCAA Selection Committee.

3. How are the teams selected for the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament?

The NCAA Selection Committee uses a variety of criteria to select the 36 at-large teams, including overall record, strength of schedule, and quality wins. The committee also takes into consideration a team's performance in their conference tournaments.

4. What is the format of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament?

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is a single-elimination tournament, meaning that teams are eliminated after one loss. The tournament is divided into four regions, with the winners of each region advancing to the Final Four and eventually the National Championship game.

5. When does the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament take place?

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament takes place annually in March and April. The first round begins in mid-March and the Final Four and National Championship game are typically held in early April.