Need a "keyboard shortcut" to change selected text's "text color" in G

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of GMail's web interface in Firefox and the need for a keyboard shortcut to change the color of quoted text in replies. Suggestions are made to use existing keyboard shortcuts or to potentially create an AHK script or browser add-on to automate the process. The individual also mentions using both Mac and PC platforms.
JDD
I use the GMail web interface, in Firefox, for all my email needs.

I frequently change the color of text that I quoted from the Sender in my GMail replies.

Example:

Hi,

You wrote,
". . . a;sdkfjasl;fkjasl;kfj . . . ,"

and I just want to say that I agree totally.

I'm having to select the Sender's text and then mouse & click to change its color
and this is tedious.

I need a keyboard shortcut to change selected text to, say, black, from my default
color of blue.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
robphy said:
If you use Windows, you could write a https://www.autohotkey.com/ AHK script to do it

essentially... think of how to do it with a sequence of mouse clicks, hotkeys, etc...
and then try to write an AHK script to do it

possibly helpful sources of ideas :
https://groups.google.com/yyyyyyyg/microsoft.public.onenote/c/Zp2Uzo41zI4
https://jacks-autohotkey-blog.com/2...-with-this-input-command-ploy-autohotkey-tip/

Two things:

1) I use both Mac's and pc's so I need help with both platforms,
2) I am not a coder, but I can follow directions. If I get clear
directions I can make it work!

Know of any step-by-step instructions ?

Thanks!

JDD said:
Know of any step-by-step instructions ?
Sorry, for these things, it's trial and error based on my current setup.
[I study a tedious operation that I've been doing, then think about how to automate it.]

For something more universal and more platform independent, maybe there's a script (using javascript or greasemonkey ) or a browser add-on.

1. How can I change the text color of selected text in Google Docs using a keyboard shortcut?

To change the text color of selected text in Google Docs using a keyboard shortcut, you can press "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "F" on a Windows computer or "Command" + "Shift" + "F" on a Mac. This will open up the Font menu where you can select a new text color.

2. Can I customize the keyboard shortcut for changing text color in Google Docs?

Yes, you can customize the keyboard shortcut for changing text color in Google Docs. To do this, go to "Tools" > "Preferences" > "Keyboard shortcuts" and click on the "Customize" button next to "Change font color". Then, you can choose a new keyboard shortcut for this action.

3. Is there a way to change the text color of selected text without using a keyboard shortcut?

Yes, there is a way to change the text color of selected text without using a keyboard shortcut. You can click on the "Text color" button in the toolbar or go to "Format" > "Text color" and select a new color from the drop-down menu.

4. Can I change the text color of multiple selections at once using a keyboard shortcut?

No, currently there is no keyboard shortcut for changing the text color of multiple selections at once in Google Docs. However, you can use the "Paint format" tool (paintbrush icon) to copy the text color of one selection and apply it to multiple selections.

5. Will changing the text color using a keyboard shortcut affect the text color of my entire document?

No, changing the text color using a keyboard shortcut will only affect the color of the selected text. The rest of the text in your document will remain unchanged unless you select it and use the same keyboard shortcut to change its color.