Need help with English homework? Check out these forums!

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary: If it's about literature and history, I'm afraid you're out of luck.In summary, this forum is for people who want help with English language. It is not a forum for people who want help with English literature and history.
kant
I am interested in a forums similar to 'physics forum', but has more to do with the English language. I am looking to find a forum to help me with my english HW.

Physics news on Phys.org
www.englishforums.com

I am not sure if they are good, but they are probably worth a shot.

Oh dear. Well, I'm sure they have good intentions. :bugeye:

I hope this thread I just read isn't typical.

question from member -
Does anyone knows meaning of 'intruigue'

Somtimes I can see someone using this word 'intruiged'. I think this mean is same as 'intrigued'. Am I right? and which one is correct? intruiged or intrigued.

Answer from ADVANCED MEMBER - Nona the Brit -

Probably - they just can't spell.

:bugeye:

I think bush could use those forums:

From wikipedia:

wiki said:
While any public figure speaking in so many venues over time is prone to a few unflattering errors, the United States' President's regular use of incorrect grammatical constructions has some common characteristics that have given him a hallmark style:

Adding agentive endings to words not usually accustomed to such treatment, such as suiciders, game changer, and truth teller
Constructing neologisms such as tacular (a portmaneau of tactical and nuclear).
Occasional use of spoonerisms such as mexed missages (mixed messages) and terriers and bariffs (barriers and tariffs).
Splicing words together in incorrect combinations, such as misunderestimated and musta could've
Redundant or odd sentence construction, such as "We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a parent, and a mom or a dad."
Slang or incorrect use of double negatives, as in "We've not got no better friend and ally than South Korea."
...sigh curious George...

mattmns said:
Here's another great thread title from this site:

What dose this mean?

To be fair, I think the forum is to teach english to non native speakers.

cyrusabdollahi said:
To be fair, I think the forum is to teach english to non native speakers.
Yes, I'm just being irritable.

mattmns said:
Is the englishforums.com site that bad?

Here are some thread titles from physicsforums.com

"Hello, please pronounce this word"
"Problem I must solve"
"quick question"
"I don't get it"

And, imo, physicsforums.com is a great site.
The quality of the mentorship seems to have gone up since I joined but the quality of the members has taken a steep nose dive. I have no idea why, but the place only seems to be attracting highly discombobulated people lately.

It used to be that really a really cool new person showed up at least once a week, and they'd stick around. Now it seems like some really irritating new person shows up once a week and sticks around.

Why don't you guys post your questions in the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148 forum here at PF? I so could have answered meteor's question.

kant,
Is your class about the English language or about English literature and history? If it's about language, I should be able to help you with all parts of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Need help with English homework? Check out these forums!

1. What kind of help can I get with my English homework from these forums?

The forums provide a platform for students to ask questions and receive guidance on various English topics, such as grammar, vocabulary, writing techniques, and literature analysis.

2. How do I post my question on the forums?

To post a question, simply create an account on the forum website and navigate to the appropriate section for your question. Then, click on the "New Thread" button and type in your question along with any relevant details or context.

3. Can I expect quick and reliable responses from other users on the forums?

While the response time may vary, the forums are designed to facilitate quick and helpful responses from other users who are knowledgeable in English. However, it is important to keep in mind that the forums are not a substitute for an actual teacher or tutor.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines I should follow when using the forums?

Yes, it is important to follow the community guidelines and be respectful towards other users. This includes using appropriate language, not spamming or promoting irrelevant content, and avoiding plagiarism. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in consequences such as a warning or ban from the forum.

5. Is it possible to get personalized help or feedback on my specific homework assignment?

While the forums are a great resource for general English help, it may not be suitable for seeking personalized help on a specific homework assignment. It is best to consult with your teacher or tutor for individualized assistance on a particular assignment.