Need helping comming up with an Astronomy Project - Its open to anything ?

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking ideas for a creative astronomy project that is open to anything. Some suggestions include making a scale model of the solar system, exploring living in space, demonstrating the wobble of stars with planets, and researching dark matter. The conversation also includes a brief discussion about the level of the astronomy class.
nukeman
Need helping comming up with an Astronomy Project - Its open to anything ?

Hey guys,

Man this year in a certain Astronomy Class, our year end project is not on something specific, its wide open.

Anything to do with astronomy: Like, a poster on something certain, but our instructor insisted that we do something creative.

People in the past have built things, done movies, interpreted dance lol, all kinds of stuff.

I want to so something unique. Hoping some of you guys can give me some cool ideas!

Thanks, appreciate it!

Again ANYTHING to do with astronomy!

Astronomy news on Phys.org

Make a working scale model of the solar system showing all the orbits of the planets. Now I bet no ones done that for the class before if their 'creativity' leads to dance.

Don't know if it meets the criteria for creative though.

Living in space is a very interesting topic. You could dress up, wrap food in foil etc.Might be too much about human biology though.

I did watch a lecturer years ago demonstrate the wobble seen by stars with planets by holding hands with a much larger person and both spinning round. Might be hard to bulk this out and remain creative.

Maybe you could figure out what dark matter is made of.

nukeman said:
Hey guys,

Man this year in a certain Astronomy Class, our year end project is not on something specific, its wide open.

Anything to do with astronomy: Like, a poster on something certain, but our instructor insisted that we do something creative.

People in the past have built things, done movies, interpreted dance lol, all kinds of stuff.

I want to so something unique. Hoping some of you guys can give me some cool ideas!

Thanks, appreciate it!

Again ANYTHING to do with astronomy!

So what level is this - is it a high school class, nukeman?

Show galaxies moving away from each other (expansion of universe) by inflation of a balloon.

This is pointless.

The OP hasn't been back here since Feb 8 at 3:37 - 4 minutes after the post was made.

What are some possible topics for an Astronomy Project?

There are many possible topics for an Astronomy Project, including studying the properties of planets, exploring the life cycle of stars, investigating the formation of galaxies, or analyzing the effects of space weather on Earth.

What materials or equipment will I need for an Astronomy Project?

The materials and equipment needed for an Astronomy Project will vary depending on the topic chosen. Some projects may require telescopes, cameras, or other specialized equipment, while others may only require a computer and internet access for data analysis.

How can I make my Astronomy Project stand out?

To make your Astronomy Project stand out, you could consider incorporating interactive elements, such as creating a virtual tour of the solar system, or conducting observations or experiments in collaboration with a local observatory or university.

What are some resources I can use to research my Astronomy Project?

There are many resources available for researching Astronomy Projects, including books, scientific journals, websites, and databases. You can also reach out to experts in the field or consult with your instructor for guidance.

How can I ensure the accuracy of my findings in an Astronomy Project?

To ensure the accuracy of your findings in an Astronomy Project, it is important to use reliable sources and to carefully document your methods and data. You can also consider replicating your experiment or analysis to confirm your results.