Need Information about statics class offered online?

In summary, the conversation is about the urgent need for information on an online statics class. The person is looking for suggestions of universities or community colleges that offer this course during the summer. They mention a proctored final exam and suggest the University of Missouri as an option.
jbutle54
URGENT need Information about statics class offered online??

I need to find a university or comm. college that will be offering statics online over the summer. If you have any ideas of schools i could call please list them.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

why? do you need the credit to get into another class?
why does it have to be online, instead of your local community college?
what have you found via google so far?
devry, phoenix?
how about this? http://online.uwc.edu/academics/catalog/course.asp?cid=001615

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for your help. I contacted this school and they do not offer statics online during the summer. That is the hardest part about my situation is I need to take it during the summer because it is a preresiquite for my fall classes.

My university offers an online statics course in the summers. There is a proctored final exam but other than that 100% online. I would suggest looking into this.
missouri.edu

I am not able to provide specific information about universities or community colleges offering online statics classes. However, I can offer some general advice on how to find this information.

First, I recommend reaching out to your current university or community college and inquiring about their online course offerings for the summer. Many institutions have adapted to offer more online courses due to the current global situation, so there may be a possibility that your school is offering an online statics class.

If your school does not offer an online statics class, you can search for other universities or community colleges that do. You can do this by using search engines such as Google or by using online course directories like Coursera or edX.

Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to your local community college or university and asking if they have any recommendations for online statics classes. They may be able to provide you with a list of schools that offer this course online.

I also suggest checking the course requirements for your degree program and seeing if there are any specific schools or online programs that are recommended for statics. This can help narrow down your search and ensure that the class you take will be accepted for credit at your current institution.

Overall, it is important to do thorough research and reach out to various schools to find the best option for an online statics class. I wish you the best of luck in your search and hope you are able to find a suitable class to meet your needs.

Related to Need Information about statics class offered online?

What is statics class?

Statics is a branch of mechanics that deals with the study of objects at rest or in uniform motion. It involves analyzing the forces acting on an object and predicting its equilibrium state.

Why would I take a statics class?

Statics is essential for understanding the behavior of structures and machines. It is also a fundamental tool in the fields of engineering, physics, and architecture.

Can I take a statics class online?

Yes, many universities and institutions offer statics classes online. This allows students to have more flexibility in their schedules and learn at their own pace.

What are the prerequisites for a statics class?

The prerequisites for a statics class may vary, but it generally requires a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. Some institutions may also require students to have completed introductory engineering courses.

What can I expect to learn in a statics class?

In a statics class, you can expect to learn about vector analysis, equilibrium of particles and rigid bodies, centroids and moments of inertia, and truss and frame analysis. You will also learn how to apply these concepts to solve real-world engineering problems.