Need Summer Project Ideas for Engineering Student Interested in Energy?

In summary, a student with experience in analog and digital electronics is looking for a fun and interesting project to work on during their summer coop term. They are open to ideas outside of electronics and are particularly interested in a project related to energy. They would prefer to avoid programming and have a limited budget. One suggestion is to build a wind generator, which would also align with the student's career interests in energy. However, they are unsure about how to start the project.
Schr0d1ng3r
I just finished my second year of Engineering Physics at McMaster (specifically, nuclear) and I'm on a summer coop term now, but I'm looking for something fun to do after work and on weekends. Does anyone have some fun, interesting project ideas? I've got some experience with analog and digital electronics, although the project does not necessarily have to be electronics. Something which could be completed within the summer would be nice, and money is a constraint (I am still a student haha). Also, if progrmming could be avoided, that would be preferrable. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
how about a wind generator? :)

That could be pretty cool. I'm looking at a career in energy, so as a bonus, it would be pretty relevant. Thanks!

I more or less know what to do for the actual generator, but I don't really know where to begin for the turbine.

Related to Need Summer Project Ideas for Engineering Student Interested in Energy?

What is an interesting summer project?

An interesting summer project is a project that is engaging, challenging, and fun to work on during the summer months. It can be in any field or subject, and can involve hands-on experimentation, research, or creative activities.

Why is it important to have an interesting summer project?

Having an interesting summer project allows you to continue learning and expanding your knowledge and skills during the summer break. It can also provide valuable experience and insights that can be applied to future academic or career pursuits.

How can I choose an interesting summer project?

You can choose an interesting summer project by considering your interests, strengths, and goals. Look for opportunities in your community, school, or online that align with your interests and offer the potential for learning and growth.

What are some examples of interesting summer projects?

Examples of interesting summer projects include conducting a science experiment, creating a piece of artwork, learning a new language, volunteering for a cause you care about, or participating in a research program. The possibilities are endless!

What are the benefits of completing an interesting summer project?

Completing an interesting summer project can provide a sense of accomplishment, help you develop new skills, and expand your knowledge and understanding of a particular topic. It can also enhance your resume or college applications and open up opportunities for future academic or career pursuits.