Need to interview an engineer for an engineering paper

In summary, the conversation covers topics such as the field of engineering, reasons for choosing it, the enjoyment of work, awareness of homelessness in the United States, and potential solutions to decrease the number of homeless individuals and improve their living conditions.
codyschellinger0731
TL;DR Summary
I am a first-year engineering student and am doing a research paper on how engineers can help in the fight against homelessness in the U.S. I need a primary resource for this paper. It is only a few questions, I would appreciate any well-thought-out answers. Thank you in advance.
1. What is your field of engineering?

2. Why did you choose to become an engineer?

3. What do you enjoy most about your work?

4. How well are you aware of homelessness in the United States, and more specifically, where you live?

5. What is your opinion on examples such as “no-sit benches” and strategically placed rocks or fences that attempt to hinder any homeless encampments?

6. Using the knowledge from your particular field of engineering, what is one solution or idea you might suggest that could help decrease the number of homeless in America/better the living conditions of said populations?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry Cody. For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we have not allowed interview threads at PF for a number of years. Good luck on your project.

1. What inspired you to become an engineer?

I have always been fascinated by how things work and how they are designed. As a child, I loved taking apart toys and trying to put them back together. This curiosity and love for problem-solving led me to pursue a career in engineering.

2. What skills do you think are most important for an engineer to have?

In my opinion, an engineer should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as excellent problem-solving abilities. Attention to detail, creativity, and strong communication skills are also crucial for success in this field.

3. Can you walk us through a project you have worked on as an engineer?

Sure, I recently worked on designing a new bridge for a local community. I was responsible for conducting research, creating blueprints, and overseeing the construction process. It was a challenging project, but seeing the finished product and how it benefited the community was incredibly rewarding.

4. How do you stay updated on new technologies and advancements in your field?

As an engineer, it is crucial to stay updated on new technologies and advancements in your field. I attend conferences, workshops, and seminars regularly to learn about the latest developments. I also read industry publications and network with other engineers to stay informed.

5. What advice would you give to someone considering a career in engineering?

I would advise them to pursue their passion and never stop learning. Engineering is a constantly evolving field, and it is essential to stay updated and adapt to new technologies. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and seek guidance from experienced engineers. Lastly, always strive for excellence and never settle for mediocrity.