Noise Issues with closed loop accelerometers

In summary, noise in closed loop accelerometers refers to unwanted fluctuations in the measured acceleration signal and can be caused by factors such as electrical interference, mechanical vibrations, and thermal noise. It can significantly impact the accuracy of the readings, and common sources of noise include electromagnetic interference, vibrations, and thermal noise. To reduce noise, shielding, mechanical isolation, and signal processing techniques can be used. Noise levels can be measured using power spectral density analysis or RMS calculations to identify sources and implement strategies for reduction.
joshthekid
Hi,
Can anybody explain to me what the major noise issues are with mems closed loop accelerometers

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there

can you give us some more context please

links to datasheets of specific accelerometers that you are referring to etc

cheers
Dave

I do not know if this counts as HW help, but I have a question that just asks "what are some noise issues with closed loop accelerometers". The only one I know of I know of is Brownian Noise motion. I am not an EE so I do not even know what I am looking for

Q: What is noise in closed loop accelerometers?

Noise in closed loop accelerometers refers to unwanted or random fluctuations in the measured acceleration signal. It can be caused by various factors such as electrical interference, mechanical vibrations, or thermal noise.

Q: How does noise affect the accuracy of closed loop accelerometers?

Noise can significantly impact the accuracy of closed loop accelerometers by introducing errors in the measured acceleration values. This can make it difficult to distinguish the true signal from the noise, resulting in inaccurate readings.

Q: What are the common sources of noise in closed loop accelerometers?

Common sources of noise in closed loop accelerometers include electromagnetic interference from nearby electronic devices, mechanical vibrations from the surrounding environment, and thermal noise from the accelerometer itself.

Q: How can noise be reduced in closed loop accelerometers?

Noise in closed loop accelerometers can be reduced by using shielding to minimize electromagnetic interference, using mechanical isolation to reduce vibrations, and implementing signal processing techniques to filter out noise.

Q: Can the noise level in closed loop accelerometers be measured?

Yes, the noise level in closed loop accelerometers can be measured using various techniques such as power spectral density analysis or root mean square (RMS) calculations. These measurements can help in identifying the sources of noise and implementing strategies to reduce it.