How Does Satellite Technology Intersect with Ham Radio Experience?

In summary, satellite technology has greatly enhanced the ham radio experience by providing a means for long-distance communication and access to a wider range of frequencies. It allows ham radio operators to communicate with other operators around the world, making the hobby more diverse and global. Satellite technology also offers opportunities for amateur radio enthusiasts to participate in satellite missions and experiments, further engaging them in the world of space and technology. Additionally, satellite technology has improved the reliability and quality of ham radio transmissions, making it easier for operators to communicate even in adverse conditions. Overall, the intersection of satellite technology and ham radio has opened up new possibilities and enhanced the overall experience for amateur radio operators.
halfapizza
How did you find PF?
I was doing a general search of vacuum effects on a SDCards and came across the forum.
I'm an electrical engineer of 35 years. I've been in multiple industries, but now work with satellites, LEO specifically. I'm also a Ham Radio operator, AC7DN.

My favorite quote is from Leonardo daVinci - "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

Likes PeroK, berkeman and russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF from a fellow EE and HAM. It's good to have you here. :smile: