Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering

• Thread starter drpi
  • Start date
In summary, a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering is a doctoral degree that focuses on advanced study and research in the field of electrical engineering. It typically takes 4-7 years to complete and requires a dissertation or thesis based on original research. Graduates of a Ph.D. program in Electrical Engineering are prepared for careers in academia, research and development, or high-level positions in engineering industries. The program covers a broad range of topics, including circuit analysis, power systems, digital signal processing, and control systems, equipping students with advanced knowledge and skills in these areas. Candidates for a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering must hold a bachelor's and master's degree in a related field and have a strong academic background in mathematics and science.
drpi
I'm entering teaching at this stage of my career (I have a clear credential in career technical Education--but subbing at the moment as many). I had about a 35-year career in industry with positions of Sr. Scientist/Engineer in research, development, and a bit of production in such places as Raytheon (legacy Hughes Aircraft), (former) Telasic Communications, Boeing Satellite Center, and JPL (Caltech/NASA). My area of EE was semiconductor/device physics as well as circuits--so my background is really applied physics as much as electrical engineering.

BA -- Physics, Brandeis Univ.
MS -- EE, Caltech
Degr. Engr. -- Engineering, UCLA
Ph.D. -- EE, UCLA

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! Glad to have you here. :smile:

Occasionally guidance, and on rare occasion on a specific topic of personal interest, possibly help.

Welcome to PF!