PF iPad Style Problems: How to Fix?

• Thread starter NextElement
  • Start date
In summary: Hmm, I'm wondering if the firewall and certain blocks that they put at Argonne are causing the page to not be displayed properly on the iPad. I don't remember it having this issue yesterday, and I don't see any page formatting problem on a desktop while I'm there.Oh well, no big deal.
NextElement
One issue I've had a problem with, not sure where to ask so ill just put it here:

I originally started coming to PF on my iPad Mini. The site is perfect on the Mini, everything works great. However, when I try to access PF on my normal iPad, all I see are the basics and it is much slower. I don't see any animations or colors, just a white background with the different sub-forums in blue. Is there a way to solve this?

Physics news on Phys.org
NextElement said:
One issue I've had a problem with, not sure where to ask so ill just put it here:

I originally started coming to PF on my iPad Mini. The site is perfect on the Mini, everything works great. However, when I try to access PF on my normal iPad, all I see are the basics and it is much slower. I don't see any animations or colors, just a white background with the different sub-forums in blue. Is there a way to solve this?

Are you saying you see the "mobile skin"?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Are you saying you see the "mobile skin"?

I don't see any colors, I don't see any animation, and there are no boxes whatsoever. All I see is a white background and text, when on my normal iPad.

NextElement said:
I don't see any colors, I don't see any animation, and there are no boxes whatsoever. All I see is a white background and text, when on my normal iPad.

So there is no style? Can anyone else share their iPad experiences?

Greg Bernhardt said:
So there is no style? Can anyone else share their iPad experiences?

I am on an iPad right now and everything is, as far as I can see, the same as on the laptop.

This is what it looks like on my normal iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 378
In my above post I put a thumbnail of what I see on the iPad. On the Mini I can see the blue outlines, and the sub forums, and it's all neat and it order. But there is absolutely no style when I visit the site on the normal iPad.

I'm on my iPad right now and I don't see what you see. Mine is practically the same as what I see on my desktop.

Zz.

NextElement said:
This is what it looks like on my normal iPad.

Yeah that is strange it's not taking the style sheets. Can you clear your cache on that thing?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yeah that is strange it's not taking the style sheets. Can you clear your cache on that thing?

When things like what the OP is experiencing happen on my laptop (not this website mind you), I usually clear my history/cache/cookies and it comes right.

Another unrelated issue: my profile says I not have 15 posts but really I have many more. It's not updating my post count.

NextElement said:
Another unrelated issue: my profile says I not have 15 posts but really I have many more. It's not updating my post count.

Posts in the lounge are not counted

That's strange, I've been using my iPad for most of a year and not had that problem.

Greg, did something happened? Now the forum does not display properly on my iPad's Safari browser. The text in posts run past the page margins, and there are several empty boxes in the post listing.

I'll try to snap a pic of it later today when I get home if the problem persists.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Greg, did something happened? Now the forum does not display properly on my iPad's Safari browser. The text in posts run past the page margins, and there are several empty boxes in the post listing.

I'll try to snap a pic of it later today when I get home if the problem persists.

Zz.

hmmm guess it's time for me to get an iPad. I didn't change anything.

Hum... oookay. Things look fine on my iPad now that I'm home.

I'm wondering if the firewall and certain blocks that they put at Argonne are causing the page to not be displayed properly on the iPad. I don't remember it having this issue yesterday, and I don't see any page formatting problem on a desktop while I'm there.

Oh well, no big deal.

Zz.

1. What are common problems with the iPad?

Some common problems with the iPad include frozen screens, unresponsive touch screens, battery draining quickly, and issues with apps crashing.

2. How can I fix a frozen iPad screen?

To fix a frozen iPad screen, try restarting the device by holding down the power button until the "slide to power off" option appears. If that doesn't work, try force restarting the device by holding down both the power button and the home button until the Apple logo appears.

3. Why is my iPad's battery draining quickly?

There could be several reasons for this, including running too many apps at once, having too many notifications turned on, or having outdated software. Try closing unused apps, turning off notifications for unnecessary apps, and updating to the latest software version to improve battery life.

4. How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen on my iPad?

If your iPad's touch screen is not responding, try cleaning the screen and your fingers, as dirt or oil can interfere with the touch sensitivity. If that doesn't work, try restarting the device. If the issue persists, there may be a hardware problem, and you should contact Apple support for further assistance.

5. What should I do if my apps keep crashing on my iPad?

If your apps are crashing frequently, try updating the apps to the latest version and restarting your device. If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the issue is still not resolved, it could be due to a software or compatibility issue, and you may need to contact the app developer or Apple support for further assistance.