PF Log Out: How to Sign Out and Find the Link

• Thread starter nycmathguy
  • Start date
In summary, to log out of Physics Forums, you can click on the "MY PF" tab or link at the top of the page and then click on the "Log out" link in the menu that appears. This applies to both desktop and mobile versions of the website. Alternatively, on a mobile device, you can go to your notifications and then to your account preferences to find the log out option.
nycmathguy
How do I log out? Does anyone have the PF log out link?

Physics news on Phys.org
You will find at the top of the Physics Forums page, a tab or link saying "MY PF".
Left-click "MY PF". This will display a menu, and on this menu near the top, you will see the link, "Log out."
Left click on "Log out", and you will be logged out.

Is it different on mobile? I'm not sure where the logout is with Firefox on Android?

symbolipoint said:
You will find at the top of the Physics Forums page, a tab or link saying "MY PF".
Left-click "MY PF". This will display a menu, and on this menu near the top, you will see the link, "Log out."
Left click on "Log out", and you will be logged out.
I have a phone. How do I log out using my phone?

Likes atyy and Wrichik Basu
I've just looked on my phone, I use Chrome. It's true, I can't see a log-out linkEDITED - FOUND IT!

Go to your notifications. From there go to preferences and scroll to the bottom until you see Your Account. When you clock that, you'll see a Your Account button at the top of a age of various options. Click on that and there's an option to log out.

Alternatively try this link to go directly to your account https://www.physicsforums.com/account/

Likes atyy, Wrichik Basu, jim mcnamara and 2 others
rsk said:
I've just looked on my phone, I use Chrome. It's true, I can't see a log-out linkEDITED - FOUND IT!

Go to your notifications. From there go to preferences and scroll to the bottom until you see Your Account. When you clock that, you'll see a Your Account button at the top of a age of various options. Click on that and there's an option to log out.

Alternatively try this link to go directly to your account https://www.physicsforums.com/account/
Thank you.

1. What is PF Log Out?

PF Log Out is a feature on the popular social media platform, PF, that allows users to sign out of their accounts and securely end their session.

2. How do I sign out of PF?

To sign out of PF, simply click on the "PF Log Out" link located in the top right corner of the screen. This will immediately end your session and log you out of your account.

3. Where can I find the PF Log Out link?

The PF Log Out link can be found in the top right corner of the screen, next to your profile picture and username. It is a small, blue link that says "PF Log Out".

4. Can I sign out of PF on all devices at once?

Yes, you can sign out of PF on all devices at once by clicking on the "PF Log Out" link and then selecting the option to "Sign out of all devices". This will end your session on all devices and log you out of your account.

5. Is it important to log out of PF?

Yes, it is important to log out of PF to ensure the security of your account and personal information. It is especially important to log out if you are using a shared or public device.