PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #3,221
hehe..

Attachments

• Frances Villanueva.jpg
    Frances Villanueva.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 460
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,222
VashtiMaiden said:
hehe..

you look like an angel o:)

• #3,223
Math Is Hard said:
you look like an angel o:)

:bugeye::devil:

• #3,224
nvm, need to resize pics

Last edited:
  • #3,225
Kurdt said:
p >= p'/2+7 where p and p' are the younger and older participants respectively...
I remember seeing that formula on QI. Supposedly its the age of a mans perfect partner.

So a mans perfect partner is more and more younger than him as he ages. Then someone had better find a way to make these divorces a bit cheaper.

• #3,226
Homer Simpson said:
So a mans perfect partner is more and more younger than him as he ages. Then someone had better find a way to make these divorces a bit cheaper.

Who says you have to get married?

• #3,227
Homer Simpson said:
It's not about perfect partners, it's about acceptable age discrepancy - and it works for younger AND older partners, and is gender-independent.

A man or woman's acceptable range of partner's age starts very narrow and expands as he or she gets older. Age discrepancy matters is a big deal in your teens but lessens as you get older.

When you're 16, male or female, you should only be dating partners between 15 and 18.

When you're 18, male or female, you should only be dating partners between 16 and 22. (Notice how the formula is nicely reciprocal for both the elder partner : 18yo as seen here - and the younger partner: 16yo as seen above)

When you're 30 you should only be dating partners between 22 and 46. And so on...

Last edited:
  • #3,228
From college on, with one or two exceptions, I dated women older than me. My general policy is not to become involved with younger women.

• #3,229
I generally agree with you 100% astro.

I enjoy talking to a woman that can hold a conversation.

• #3,230
Cyrus said:

I'm sure there are many girls my age who can hold a conversation. They're all just probably somewhere out there hiding from guys my age.

• #3,231
Women my friend, not girls.

25 and older.

• #3,232
Cyrus said:

For me it's a matter of experience. Most of my male friends in college were two or three years older.

I much preferred intelligent conversation, especially with a woman who had similar interests in arts, sciences and humanities.

• #3,234
Astronuc said:
From college on, with one or two exceptions, I dated women older than me. My general policy is not to become involved with younger women.

Why?:confused: I thought you wouldn't care about people's ages.

Cyrus said:
Women my friend, not girls.

25 and older.

I'm 25 but I'm not a woman! Heaven knows how much I hate the word "woman".:yuck:

• #3,235
Lisa! said:
Well, this is a moot point since I've been with the same woman/lady for 27 years (as of this week). My wife is also 6.5 years older than me. That was not deliberate, but just a matter of circumstance.

In my personal experience, woman my age or younger lacked a broad range of interests and experience which I needed in a partner.

Of course, I can be a friend (i.e. have a platonic relationship) regardless of age.

I'm 25 but I'm not a woman! Heaven knows how much I hate the word "woman".:yuck:
What does one consider oneself? Or what term would one prefer?

• #3,236
Lisa! said:

Make me some kubideh woman! :devil:

• #3,237
Astronuc said:
I've been with the same woman/lady for 27 years (as of this week).

Happy Anniversary, pal. Pass on my best wishes to Mrs. Nuc. I've really got to meet her some day. If she's that good a match for you, she must be absolutely awesome.
(A brief side-note re: your signature. I found this great radio station a couple of months ago that plays all kinds of stuff that I love. A couple of weeks ago I heard, for the first time in probably 20 years, 'Cool Change' by the Little River Band. It made me think of you instantly.)

Lisa, I remember from when you first showed up here that you hate the term 'woman'. I think that you even gave a bit of an explanation in a PM, but I still don't really understand why. Is it a cultural thing? In North America, it's the 'politically correct' term for a female over the age of majority. We get in trouble for calling them 'ladies' or 'girls'.

• #3,238
Danger said:
Happy Anniversary, pal. Pass on my best wishes to Mrs. Nuc. I've really got to meet her some day. If she's that good a match for you, she must be absolutely awesome.
(A brief side-note re: your signature. I found this great radio station a couple of months ago that plays all kinds of stuff that I love. A couple of weeks ago I heard, for the first time in probably 20 years, 'Cool Change' by the Little River Band. It made me think of you instantly.)
This week is 27 years from our first date, and we got engaged 3 months later and married 11 months after that (so we've been formerly married for almost 26 years). I'd already known her for about 7 months before we dated, since we both had the same friends (her best friend was living with my best friend). She is absolutely awesome! :biggrin:

• #3,239
That might seem like ridiculously rapid progress to some people, but I know exactly where you're coming from. W and I ended our first date in the back seat of her minivan in a rural friend's driveway. Our second date was 3 days in a motel. Our 3rd was 4 months on our (her) niece's couch. Our 4th is now going into the 3-year mark. When it's right, it's right. Why stall?
Okay, I got to go now. Pool league finals match in 5 minutes. Catch you later.

• #3,240
Danger said:
That might seem like ridiculously rapid progress to some people, but I know exactly where you're coming from.
I made the best choice at the time.

W and I ended our first date in the back seat of her minivan in a rural friend's driveway. Our second date was 3 days in a motel. Our 3rd was 4 months on our (her) niece's couch. Our 4th is now going into the 3-year mark. When it's right, it's right. Why stall?
Okay, I got to go now. Pool league finals match in 5 minutes. Catch you later.
Well, I considered us married the first time I spent the night with her - and she agreed. The actual marriage ceremony eleven months later was a formality, and a good excuse to party with friends.

• #3,241
Same here. Remember when she went from being NW (Not Wife) to W? There probably will never be any kind of official commitment, but we consider ourselves married and that's all that matters.

• #3,242
I've been married for 6 months now, and so far it's awesome.

• #3,243
vincentm said:
I've been married for 6 months now, and so far it's awesome.
Congratulations on the marriage! Keep up the good work!

• #3,244
My hubby and I were married almost one year after being introduced. But I was pretty sure where it was going the minute I met him! :smile:

• #3,245
Evo said:
Here is my younger daughter at my house with my dog, just a bit ago.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5576/ecfbliteef5.jpg

And with her best friend (my daughter is the one on the left in the dark jacket).

[PLAIN]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4383/ecsnc7.jpg[/QUOTE][/URL]

:!)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,249
Kurdt said:
:rofl:

I'm sure you'll have a longer beard than that.

I guess his beard is as old as me!:biggrin:

Last edited:
  • #3,250
I would put my mug shot up, but:
a) I do not feel I have been a member long enough, more importantly,
b) I do not want to crash the website and give your computer a virus with my mug shot.
I feel like a troll amongst all these beautiful people.

• #3,251
Latest picture. I'm trying to find a baby picture... you'd wear I was an Asian baby.

me11-1.jpg

• #3,252
qspeechc said:
I would put my mug shot up, but:
a) I do not feel I have been a member long enough, more importantly,
b) I do not want to crash the website and give your computer a virus with my mug shot.
I feel like a troll amongst all these beautiful people.

It does seem that PFers are very attractive people. Way above average!

Look at B. Elliot -- a very good-looking young man!

• #3,253
lisab said:
It does seem that PFers are very attractive people. Way above average!

Look at B. Elliot -- a very good-looking young man!

Well thankyou lisab. I just wish my parents genes involved a bit larger framing.:biggrin:

• #3,254
My girlfriend and I during an end of year banquet with my old company. I'm the guy.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8246/mcd6784e71fbd66d2b01137ku4.jpg http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/594/p1010042ly8.jpg

I wonder why I look like I have make-up on my lips though. I guess it's because of the red red wine.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,255
Whoa... Mr. Elliott... For some reason, I always thought that you were about my age, rather than less than half of it. You must just come across as very mature in your posts.