Photo Contest - Eat Your Vegetables (6/25-7/1)

In summary, the photo contest aims to promote vegetable consumption by encouraging people to share visually appealing photos of their vegetable dishes. It is open to anyone who enjoys cooking and eating vegetables, and entries can be submitted through social media or the sponsor's website. All photos must feature a vegetable dish and must be original without excessive editing. The judging criteria include creativity, visual appeal, and the story behind the photo.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Eat Your Vegetables!

The topic this week is on something that might be a nightmare for children: VEGETABLES!

The vegetables may be raw or cooked. Any item that is popularly considered to be a vegetable, even though botanically it may not (I'm looking at you, tomatoes!) qualifies to be in this contest.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz

Physics news on Phys.org
Pickles? Herbs(as in herbal tea)?

jtbell said:

Shayan.J said:
Pickles? Herbs(as in herbal tea)?

Ketchup, pickles, and herbs count, but not tea, since one does not usually eat the tea leaves (I know there are exceptions, especially if you're from China, Taiwan, etc.).

Zz.

Chinese greens with oyster sauce. It is simple, but it is very difficult to get it done perfectly.

IMG_1883.JPG

Zz.

Likes Borg
ZapperZ said:
Chinese greens with oyster sauce. It is simple, but it is very difficult to get it done perfectly.

View attachment 102600

Zz.

Holy cow! You put so much oyster sauce... the natural flavor of the vegetable is lost.

ecoo said:
Holy cow! You put so much oyster sauce... the natural flavor of the vegetable is lost.

Your assumption is faulty. This was a restaurant dish. *I* didn't put oyster sauce on it.

The sauce was only on the top. The rest of it on the stack below was not covered in the sauce. Besides, the sauce enhanced the greens because it was so perfectly cooked.

Zz.

Minestrone soup: Crushed tomatoes & stock, black beans, rice, pasta, carrots, and potatoes. Fried sausage, mushrooms, white onions, green onions, garlic, and seasoning. I have tried different greens like cabbage, kale, and celery, but it ends up being way too strong.
Minestrone_zpswv09arha.jpg

Final day to post your photo for this contest. In the meantime, EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!

Zz.

But how can we make a picture of them if we ate them already?

mfb said:

You can either take a picture of them BEFORE you eat them, or if you forget, stick a finger down your throat.

Zz.

<insert here what you think - I know we all think the same>

Likes Hoophy
Before I eat the Brussels sprouts that I added to some Swedish meatballs:

veggies.jpg

Likes Hoophy
11_4_14 Download 082.jpg
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/102942
mfb said:

Don't ask.

I was going to post to this because I actually had a photo, got it ready, and then realized I had already missed the deadline. :mad: Hopefully Zapper won't mind if I throw it in just because I had it all ready, even though it is too late as an entry.

1. What is the purpose of this photo contest?

The purpose of this photo contest is to promote the consumption of vegetables by encouraging people to share creative and visually appealing photos of their vegetable dishes.

2. Who can participate in this photo contest?

This photo contest is open to anyone who enjoys cooking and eating vegetables. It is not limited to a specific age group or profession.

3. How do I enter the photo contest?

To enter the photo contest, you must post a photo of your vegetable dish on social media with the hashtag #EatYourVegetables and tag the contest sponsor. You can also submit your photo through the sponsor's website.

4. What types of photos are eligible for this contest?

All photos must feature a vegetable dish and must be original and taken by the participant. Photos with filters or excessive editing will not be accepted.

5. What are the judging criteria for this photo contest?

The photos will be judged based on creativity, visual appeal, and overall presentation of the vegetable dish. The judges will also consider the caption and story behind the photo.