Physics and Maths for Medical University Exam

• Thread starter vanessa99
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the speaker is a 16-year-old girl with a dream of becoming a doctor. She is struggling in subjects like chemistry, physics, and math, but she is determined to work hard and succeed in her final exams in order to enter a university. She is seeking help and advice from others in order to achieve her dream. Despite feeling like a failure, she is determined to keep trying and not give up on her dream.
vanessa99
Hello everyone! First of all I'm sorry for my English, I'm still learning the language. Second, I'm sorry if that's the wrong category to put that topic but I didn't know where I should write it... now, I'm a 16 years old girl, going in the secong grade of high school (the next year I'll sit my final exams in order to enter in a university) and I have a dream... my dream is to become a doctor. I'm not that good but I have decided to work hard those 2 years. In my final exams I'll sit exams in 4 subjects to open the medical universities... Those are: Composition, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. I can study Biology, try to master at Chemistry (at a point of course) and I'll write a lot to master in Composition (or Essay I think)... My problem in physics is not as much as understanding the problems but solving the maths... so, I would live and appreciate and be thanful if someone of you would tell me the maths that I need for solving the problems that I have (I can tell you the chapters that the next year's book has in order to help me there -if you want of course.) If I succeed (impossible but... ) it'll be my only succees. All my life I was-and I am a failure. :frown: With no friends, crying at night... but I have that dream that I cannot get out of my mind. Yeah maybe I'm stupid and with no mind (as my math teacher says:cry:) but it would be amazing if someone of you could help me and give me a little hope...

Physics news on Phys.org
It is my impression that a lot of the mathematics required to solve science problems in high school can be learned without having too much affinity for mathematics itself, provided one is willing to make a serious effort. (At least such seems to be the case where I'm from.)

So if your dream is to become a doctor, hold on to it firmly, work hard, solve a lot of exercises (don't just rehearse theory). When you are stuck or don't understand something, you should always ask questions, to your teachers, fellow students or, for example, in the "Homework and Coursework Questions" section of this forum. Choose the appropriate subsection, read the "Guidelines for students and helpers" thread and post accordingly. You are likely to get a useful response then, people here are generally helpful.
vanessa99 said:
All my life I was-and I am a failure.
You are only a failure if you don't try.
vanessa99 said:
Yeah maybe I'm stupid and with no mind (as my math teacher says:cry:)
Well, this remark certainly does not place him amidst the great minds of our time either. Mathematics and physics by themselves are not the gold standard for testing intelligence or giftedness in general.

Welcome here and good luck!

Related to Physics and Maths for Medical University Exam

1. What are the main topics covered in "Physics and Maths for Medical University Exam"?

The main topics covered in this exam are mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and calculus.

2. How important is physics and maths for medical studies?

Physics and maths are incredibly important for medical studies as they provide the foundation for understanding the fundamental principles of the human body, such as mechanics of movement, electrical activity in the brain, and fluid dynamics in the circulatory system.

3. Are there any specific equations or formulas that I should focus on for the exam?

Yes, it is important to have a strong understanding of the basic equations and formulas in physics and maths, such as Newton's laws of motion, Ohm's law, and the laws of thermodynamics. However, it is also important to have a conceptual understanding of how these equations relate to real-world situations.

4. How can I prepare effectively for the "Physics and Maths for Medical University Exam"?

To prepare for this exam, it is important to review and practice solving problems related to the main topics covered. It may also be helpful to use online resources, such as practice exams and tutorials, to reinforce your understanding of the material.

5. Is it necessary to have a strong background in physics and maths to do well in the medical university exam?

While having a strong background in these subjects can certainly be beneficial, it is not necessary to have a deep understanding of advanced concepts. The exam typically focuses on basic principles and their application to medical scenarios, so as long as you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals, you should be able to do well.