Place the State Game - Challenge Your Kids!

In summary: Intermediate was hard. But I got the majority of the east coast states in the end. I should have started on the west coast on the intermediate level. Just drop it west of Cape Cod. Unless you're looking at a map, I'd like to know how anyone could place Rhode Island on a blank map the first time. :grumpy:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
You can choose the level of difficulty. This is something you might want to share with your kids.

http://www.history.com/interactives/place-the-state-game

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I scored a 95. I honestly mostly puzzled them out by shape and approximate idea of their location.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I scored a 95. I honestly mostly puzzled them out by shape and approximate idea of their location.
Beginner's level was easy. Then I tried I tried intermediate and after placing a few states, they became invisible and I couldn't go by the states I had placed anymore.

Nothing like a geography quiz to make one feel like a total moron.

I score 90. I'd say the only reason I got most of the east coat stuff is guessing by the outline shapes.

No way could I complete it on expert.

Beginners was a cake-walk for 100 pts. I should have started from the west coast on the intermediate level, so I could get into the rectangular states.

Intermediate is hard. :cry:

100 on beginner.

139 on expert.

Don't remember what I got on intermediate haha expert took too much out of me.

P.S. - The midwest states are freakin hard on intermediate and expert...

Good find though!

Edit: Re-did intermediate, got a 96.

Last edited:
Lol, I got 97, but I'm from Canada :P

135 on expert - first try. Piece of cake. I need to pay better attention to the selections.

Unless you're looking at a map, I'd like to know how anyone could place Rhode Island on a blank map the first time.

Evo said:
Unless you're looking at a map, I'd like to know how anyone could place Rhode Island on a blank map the first time.

trial and error on the north half of the east coast :P

Evo said:
Just drop it west of Cape Cod. Bingo.

Evo said:

It's actually pretty easy... Although that might be because I live in PA, and have visited Rhode Island a few times to go whale watching, not to mention NJ, Mass, and Conneticut are right there. If you know where all of the states around it are, then it's really not that hard...

110 on expert, first try. Rhode Island was easy (It's 15 minutes away from me on I-95!). I had a hell of a time getting Colorado, South Dakota, Iowa, and the like exactly in the right place!

Last edited:
Square states...meh.

Related to Place the State Game - Challenge Your Kids!

1. How does the "Place the State Game" challenge kids?

The "Place the State Game" challenges kids by testing their knowledge of states and their locations on a map. They have to use critical thinking skills and memory to correctly place each state in its proper location.

2. What age range is the "Place the State Game" suitable for?

The "Place the State Game" can be suitable for kids of all ages, but it is generally recommended for children ages 7 and up. Younger children may need some assistance from adults or older siblings.

3. How can the "Place the State Game" benefit kids?

The "Place the State Game" can benefit kids in various ways. It can improve their geography knowledge and map-reading skills. It can also enhance their memory and critical thinking abilities. Additionally, it can be a fun and engaging activity for kids to do on their own or with friends and family.

4. Are the states in the game accurately placed?

Yes, the states in the game are accurately placed according to their real-life locations. This can provide a great learning opportunity for kids to familiarize themselves with the geography of the United States.

5. Can the "Place the State Game" be played on mobile devices?

Yes, the "Place the State Game" is available on various mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. This makes it a convenient and portable activity for kids to play on-the-go or during long car rides.