Please give if you can to the ASPCA for animals

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animals
In summary, the conversation is about giving to local SPCAs and humane societies to help support their work in providing a pleasant setting for animals and finding them homes. The speaker encourages giving whatever one can, even a small amount, and mentions their own donations to their local SPCA. They also mention their plans to support these organizations in the future by getting animals from them.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I just gave. Give what you can, even a dollar one time it's a single meal. Do what you can when you can, there is no obligation. It's just a one time gift.

https://www.aspca.org/secure/donate?linked=1

Please help if you can, if you cant, tell others.

Last edited:
Likes StevieTNZ
Physics news on Phys.org
Ithaca has a terrific SPCA. They have as pleasant a setting for the animals as any I've ever seen in an SPCA and I drop $20 in their box at a local mall a couple of times a year. They have a lot of volunteers who interact w/ the animals and relatively spacious accommodations, with far more glass than wire so lots of light, and all kept spotless. Still, it's heartbreaking to see the dogs in particular who so clearly want to be with people, not cooped up.

My family and I support our local SPCA with annual gifts.

I always support SPCA and no kill humane societies.

Likes Silicon Waffle and Lisa!
I plan to be a hobbyist farmer/rancher one day, and I will definitely try to get all my animals from these kinds of facilities.

1. Why should I give to the ASPCA for animals?

The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) is a non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing and protecting animals from abuse, neglect, and homelessness. By donating to the ASPCA, you will be directly helping to save and improve the lives of countless animals in need.

2. How will my donation be used by the ASPCA?

Donations to the ASPCA are used to fund a variety of programs and initiatives that support their mission, such as animal rescue and adoption, spay/neuter programs, animal welfare education, and legislative advocacy. Your donation will be put towards whichever area of need is most pressing at the time.

3. Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes, donations made to the ASPCA are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. You will receive a receipt for your donation that you can use for tax purposes.

4. Can I choose where my donation goes?

While you cannot specify exactly where your donation will go, you can choose to donate to a specific program or area of need within the ASPCA. You can also opt to make a general donation, which will be used towards their overall mission to help animals in need.

5. Are there other ways to support the ASPCA besides monetary donations?

Yes, there are several ways to support the ASPCA besides monetary donations. You can volunteer your time at a local animal shelter, participate in fundraising events, or even become a foster parent for animals in need. You can also spread awareness about the ASPCA and their mission to help animals by sharing their social media posts or educational materials with your friends and family.