How Can I Design Experiments to Observe Different Fluorescence Effects in a CRT?

In summary, the conversation was about building a cathode ray tube for a physics project and the difficulties faced in conducting experiments and making observations. The other person also asked for help in understanding how to demonstrate deflection of the beam using magnetic and electric fields. However, it is unlikely for them to receive a response as the other person has not been active on the forum for over 2 years.
modi96

Homework Statement

I am building a CRT for my physics project but have some doubts. I know there will fluorescence effect but my project requires to do an experiment and make observations.

So how can I relate this experiment so that I have:- 1. Different cases and experiments with the CRT. 2. I am able to make some observations with the above.

Any variation or anything that helps.

Thanks.

Homework Equations

None.

The Attempt at a Solution

None.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi modi96! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

You are doing some glassblowing to manufacture your own evacuated thermionic tube?

Can you demonstrate how the beam can be deflected by both magnetic and electric fields?

Last edited by a moderator:
modi96 said:

Homework Statement

I am building a CRT for my physics project but have some doubts. I know there will fluorescence effect but my project requires to do an experiment and make observations.

So how can I relate this experiment so that I have:- 1. Different cases and experiments with the CRT. 2. I am able to make some observations with the above.

Any variation or anything that helps.

Thanks.

Homework Equations

None.

The Attempt at a Solution

None.
hi modi, how it was going? I am now doing a research about cathode ray and i found some difficulties.

Minn Lwin said:
hi modi, how it was going? I am now doing a research about cathode ray and i found some difficulties.
Hi Minn Lwin. :welcome:

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to get a response from modi because he/she has not logged into read these forums for over 2 years, so is likely to remain unaware of your enquiry here.

If you have difficulty in understanding something you are welcome to start your own thread to ask some questions.

1. What is a Cathode ray tube?

A Cathode ray tube (CRT) is a device that produces images by accelerating electrons from a cathode to a fluorescent screen. It was commonly used in older television and computer monitors.

2. What is the purpose of a Cathode ray tube experiment?

The purpose of a Cathode ray tube experiment is to demonstrate the principles of electron beam movement and deflection, as well as the production of images using the CRT.

3. What materials are needed for a Cathode ray tube experiment?

The materials needed for a Cathode ray tube experiment include a CRT, a power source, a cathode, an anode, a fluorescent screen, and various electrical components such as resistors and capacitors.

4. How do I set up and perform a Cathode ray tube experiment?

To set up a Cathode ray tube experiment, connect the CRT to a power source and create an electron beam using the cathode and anode. Then, use electrical components to control the movement and deflection of the beam onto the fluorescent screen. Finally, observe and record the resulting images.

5. What are the safety precautions for a Cathode ray tube experiment?

Some safety precautions to consider when performing a Cathode ray tube experiment include wearing protective eyewear, using appropriate voltage levels, and properly grounding the CRT. It is also important to follow all instructions and handle electrical components with caution to avoid accidents or injury.