Post your favourite memories/stories from this forum

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, the conversation revolved around reminiscing about old memories on the forum. The participants discussed their favorite memories, such as helpful interactions with other members, meeting staff members, and enjoying the mix of serious scientific discussions and humorous moments. They also mentioned some memorable April Fools jokes, including one about the forum being bought by the Church of Scientology.
hbk4894
thought we would start a thread looking back at old memories of this forum

so since you have been a member of this forum , what have been your favourite memories?

Physics news on Phys.org
We had some good April Fools jokes! My favorite was when I spoofed a CNN story saying PF was bought by the Church of Scientology. It was so good even my dad called me angry.

Likes DennisN, edward, Astronuc and 1 other person
hbk4894 said:
thought we would start a thread looking back at old memories of this forum

so since you have been a member of this forum , what have been your favourite memories?
I seriously just started but I loved how helpful micromass was when I asked questions.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Meeting staff members, and interacting with members on various topics.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The task of remembering a few favorite memories out of thousands of wonderful memories is almost impossible. For a website that can be totally scientifically serious it can also turn on a dime when someone posts an outrageously funny one liner. The academic brilliance in the science forums is only surpassed by comedic brilliance in general Discussion, although some members here can wear both shoes.

Likes dlgoff and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
We had some good April Fools jokes! My favorite was when I spoofed a CNN story saying PF was bought by the Church of Scientology. It was so good even my dad called me angry.
This one by Cyrus was good but when you turned him pink on April Fools day was better. :oldlaugh:

Likes edward and Greg Bernhardt

What is the purpose of sharing memories/stories from this forum?

The purpose of sharing memories/stories from this forum is to reflect on positive experiences and connections made within the forum community. It also serves as a way to preserve and celebrate special moments and interactions that have occurred on the forum.

Can memories/stories from this forum be about any topic?

Yes, memories/stories from this forum can be about any topic as long as they are positive and appropriate for the forum community. They can range from funny moments to heartwarming interactions to memorable discussions.

Why is it important to post favourite memories/stories from this forum?

Posting favourite memories/stories from this forum helps to create a sense of community and connection among forum members. It also allows for the sharing of different perspectives and experiences, which can lead to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the forum and its members.

Are there any guidelines for posting memories/stories from this forum?

While there are no strict guidelines, it is important to ensure that the memories/stories shared are respectful and do not violate any forum rules. It is also recommended to provide context and clearly label the post as a memory/story from the forum to avoid confusion.

Is there a limit to the number of memories/stories one can post?

There is no set limit to the number of memories/stories one can post, but it is encouraged to share a variety of memories rather than flooding the forum with multiple posts. Quality over quantity is key in sharing favourite memories/stories from this forum.