Problem in solving a sum in generation part of electrical power system

In summary: But we are not going to do your problem for you.In summary, the speaker is struggling to solve a problem in the generation part of an electrical power system. They are specifically having trouble plotting the load curve and the load duration curve, and are seeking guidance on how to solve the problem. The problem involves meeting a specific demand from different groups at different times, and the speaker needs to determine the diversity factor, units generated per day, and load factor. They are asking for help with this problem, but it is not appropriate to ask for others to solve it for them on this forum.
sneha127
hi, I am just not able to solve this problem in the generation part of electrical power system.
I am not able to plot the load curve and the load duration curve.sum is as follows:-
A power station has to meet the foll demand:-
GROUP A: 200 kw between 8 am and 6 pm.
GROUP B: 100 kw between 6 am and 10 am.
GROUP C: 50 kw between 6 am and 10 am.
GROUP D:100 kw between 10 am and 6 pm and then between 6 pm and 6 am.
Plot the daily load curve an d determine :-
1) Diversity factor.
2) Units generated per day.
3) Load factor.
please guide me to solve this problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
sneha127 said:
hi, I am just not able to solve this problem in the generation part of electrical power system.
I am not able to plot the load curve and the load duration curve.sum is as follows:-
A power station has to meet the foll demand:-
GROUP A: 200 kw between 8 am and 6 pm.
GROUP B: 100 kw between 6 am and 10 am.
GROUP C: 50 kw between 6 am and 10 am.
GROUP D:100 kw between 10 am and 6 pm and then between 6 pm and 6 am.
Plot the daily load curve an d determine :-
1) Diversity factor.
2) Units generated per day.
3) Load factor.
please guide me to solve this problem.

Thread moved to Homework Help.

Welcome to the PF. You need to do your own schoolwork -- we do not do your schoolwork for you here. But we are available to help and offer tutorial assistance if you get stuck or make mistakes.

So please post definitions of the terms you are using, and the Relevant Equations, and show us your attempt at solutions for those questions. Once we see your work, we may be able to help you if there is something you don't understand.

Related to Problem in solving a sum in generation part of electrical power system

1. How do I identify and troubleshoot a problem in the generation part of an electrical power system?

Identifying and troubleshooting problems in the generation part of an electrical power system requires a thorough understanding of the system components and their functions. It is important to start by checking for any physical damage or malfunctions, such as loose connections or faulty equipment. Next, analyzing data from the system, such as voltage and current readings, can help pinpoint the source of the problem. Utilizing diagnostic tools, such as oscilloscopes and power analyzers, can also aid in identifying and troubleshooting issues.

2. What are some common problems that can occur in the generation part of an electrical power system?

Some common problems in the generation part of an electrical power system include voltage fluctuations, frequency deviations, power outages, and equipment failures. These issues can be caused by various factors such as weather conditions, overload or short circuits, and mechanical failures. Regular maintenance and monitoring of the system can help prevent these problems from occurring.

3. How can I prevent problems in the generation part of an electrical power system?

Preventing problems in the generation part of an electrical power system involves implementing proper maintenance and monitoring practices. This includes regularly inspecting and testing equipment, identifying and addressing potential issues before they escalate, and ensuring that the system is operating within its designed limits. Additionally, investing in high-quality equipment and following recommended operating procedures can help prevent problems from occurring.

4. What role do protective relays play in preventing problems in the generation part of an electrical power system?

Protective relays are crucial in preventing problems in the generation part of an electrical power system. These devices continuously monitor system conditions and activate protective measures if any abnormalities are detected. This can include isolating faulty equipment, preventing overloading, and shutting down the system if necessary. Protective relays help protect the entire system from damage and ensure safe and reliable operation.

5. What should I do if I encounter a problem in the generation part of an electrical power system?

If you encounter a problem in the generation part of an electrical power system, it is important to follow safety protocols and procedures. Shut down the system if necessary and contact a trained professional for assistance. Attempting to fix the problem yourself can be dangerous and may cause further damage. It is also important to document the issue and any steps taken to address it for future reference and troubleshooting.