Problem with a car and a truck

• Thread starter anonymous99999
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car Truck
In summary, a truck traveling at a constant velocity of 10 m/s passes a point A on a straight level road. At the same time, an automobile starts from rest at point A and travels in the same direction as the truck with a constant acceleration of 1.6 m/s^2. To find the time it takes for the automobile to pass the truck, we can use the equation t = vf / a, where t is time, vf is final velocity, and a is acceleration. Plugging in the values, we get t = 10 m/s / 1.6 m/s^2 = 6.25 seconds. To find how far beyond the starting point the automobile will overtake the truck, we
anonymous99999
Homework Statement
Hi! if you clicked on this please try and solve it. If you do solve these, can you please attach the work so I can see where your coming from?
Relevant Equations
v2=v1+at, average speed, instantaneous speed
A truck passes a point A on a straight level road with a constant velocity of 10 m s -1. At the same instant, an automobile starts from rest at point A and travels in the same direction as the truck, with a constant acceleration of 1.6 m s -2.

How long a time does the automobile take to pass the truck, from the instant it starts at point A?
How far beyond the starting point will the automobile overtake the truck?
How fast will the automobile be traveling, when it passes the truck?

Anything helps!

Physics news on Phys.org
You will also need a standard equation relating to distances under constant acceleration.

1. What could be causing my car and truck to overheat?

There are several potential causes for overheating in both a car and a truck. Some possible reasons include a malfunctioning radiator, a faulty thermostat, low coolant levels, a broken water pump, or a clogged radiator hose. It is important to have a mechanic diagnose and repair the issue to prevent further damage to your vehicles.

2. Why is my car or truck making strange noises while driving?

Strange noises while driving can be caused by a variety of issues in both cars and trucks. Some common culprits include worn out brake pads, a damaged exhaust system, low power steering fluid, or a failing transmission. It is best to have a mechanic inspect your vehicle to determine the source of the noise and address any necessary repairs.

3. How can I improve the fuel efficiency of my car and truck?

To improve the fuel efficiency of your vehicles, you can try a few different things. First, make sure your tires are properly inflated and your air filter is clean. You can also try driving at a consistent speed and avoiding rapid acceleration and braking. Additionally, regular maintenance such as oil changes and tune-ups can help improve fuel efficiency.

4. What should I do if my car or truck won't start?

If your car or truck won't start, there are a few things you can check before calling a mechanic. First, make sure your battery is charged and the connections are secure. You can also check the fuel level and try jump-starting the vehicle. If none of these solutions work, it may be a more serious issue and you should have a professional diagnose and repair the problem.

5. How often should I have my car and truck serviced?

It is recommended to have your car and truck serviced every 6 months or every 5,000 miles, whichever comes first. Regular maintenance can help prevent larger, more expensive issues from arising and keep your vehicles running smoothly. However, if you notice any unusual symptoms or changes in performance, it is best to have your vehicles serviced as soon as possible.