Quality 24V 50Ah Li-ion Batteries: A Comprehensive Guide

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding good sources for quality lithium (LiFePO) batteries in the 24v 50Ah size in a car battery form factor. The individual had done some research on Google but found varying prices and was unsure if the vendors offered quality products. Suggestions were requested. One person recommended using five 6S 10000 mAh batteries in parallel, while another suggested checking RC forums for recommendations. The original poster also mentioned a vendor with decent Li batteries and integrated electronics for $388 plus shipping.
Physics_Kid
anyone have good sources for quality lithium (LiFePO) batts in the 24v 50Ah size? i need something of that size in something like a car batt form factor. i did some gooling around, prices vary widely, i can't ascertain if the vendor makes a quality product, and the types of lithium batts are a-z.

any suggestions?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Physics_Kid said:
anyone have good sources for quality lithium (LiFePO) batts in the 24v 50Ah size? i need something of that size in something like a car batt form factor. i did some gooling around, prices vary widely, i can't ascertain if the vendor makes a quality product, and the types of lithium batts are a-z.

any suggestions?
Wow, those babies are expensive...

https://www.google.com/search?site=...8j1.9.0...0...1.1.64.img..1.0.0.0.J9Q7jARPGA8

No idea about batteries fitting precisely your description, but I am more or less familiar with LiPo cells used in RC models. Five 6S 10000 mAh batteries in parallel should do the trick. Yes, they do vary in quality, no idea about which brand is the best for the large ones (you better ask at RC forums). I am using much smaller ones from Turnigy and Zippy and they are reasonably good.

i have a vendor who appears to make decent Li batts, integrated electronics too, 24v 50Ah for $388 + UPS shipping.

24v 50Ah is ~50% of my max watts use for 8hr period. i figured my avg use would be under this 50% #.

Related to Quality 24V 50Ah Li-ion Batteries: A Comprehensive Guide

1. What is the voltage of a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery?

A 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery has a voltage of 24 volts, which is the amount of electrical potential difference between the positive and negative terminals.

2. What is the capacity of a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery?

The capacity of a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery is 50 amp-hours, which is the amount of energy that can be stored and released by the battery.

3. How long does a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery last?

The lifespan of a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery depends on various factors, such as the quality of the battery, frequency of use, and charging and discharging habits. Generally, a well-maintained Li-ion battery can last for 500-1000 charge cycles.

4. What are the advantages of using a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery?

Li-ion batteries offer several advantages, including high energy density, low self-discharge rate, and longer lifespan compared to other types of batteries. They are also more environmentally friendly and have a lower risk of explosion or leakage.

5. Can a 24V 50Ah Li-ion battery be used for any application?

No, Li-ion batteries are not suitable for all applications. They are commonly used in portable electronic devices, electric vehicles, and renewable energy storage systems. It is important to choose the right type of battery for your specific application to ensure safety and optimal performance.