Radio astronomical receiving system

In summary, the conversation discussed a specific radio astronomical receiving system designed for antennas operating in the 2-40 GHz range. The system covers Ka-band (28-34 GHz), S-band (2.2-2.6 GHz), and X-band (7.0-9.5 GHz) and provides reception, amplification, frequency conversion, and frequency-channel switching for radio astronomical signals. There were questions about the theoretical perspective and ongoing research related to these bands, but the topic was not fully clarified due to translation issues. The possibility of starting a new thread was suggested.
ansenko
We've discussing with students the certain radio astronomical receiving system is designed for equipping the antenna systems, operating within band 2-40 GHz:
Ka - band 28-34 GHz
S - band 2.2-2.6 GHz
X - band 7.0-9.5 GHz

and provides the radio reception, amplification, selection of the operating bands of radio astronomical signals, frequency conversion and frequency-channel switching, etc.

Could somebody clarify theoretic perspective of stading of exactly those bands, problematic, ongoing researches?

Many thanks.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I don't quite understand what you're asking. Could you elaborate on what you'd like to know?

Drakkith said:
I don't quite understand what you're asking. Could you elaborate on what you'd like to know?
Hello Drakkith,
So perhaps you right. Let's start from afar. What kind of radio astronomical receiving system do you prefer …for which studies?

ansenko said:
Hello Drakkith,
So perhaps you right. Let's start from afar. What kind of radio astronomical receiving system do you prefer …for which studies?

I don't study astronomy. I just cannot understand your question, perhaps due to translation issues.

Drakkith said:
I don't study astronomy. I just cannot understand your question, perhaps due to translation issues.
I see… I missed a few words. If there any possibilities to change the thread?

Start a new thread and I'll delete this one once the new one's made.

1. What is a radio astronomical receiving system?

A radio astronomical receiving system is a complex system of electronic instruments and equipment used to detect and amplify faint radio signals from astronomical objects in the universe.

2. How does a radio astronomical receiving system work?

Radio astronomical receiving systems work by using a large antenna to collect radio waves emitted by celestial objects. The collected signals are then amplified and processed by various electronic components to produce data that can be analyzed by scientists.

3. What types of signals can a radio astronomical receiving system detect?

A radio astronomical receiving system can detect a wide range of radio signals, including those emitted by stars, galaxies, pulsars, and other celestial objects. It can also pick up signals from man-made objects such as satellites and spacecraft.

4. What are the components of a radio astronomical receiving system?

A radio astronomical receiving system typically consists of an antenna, a receiver, amplifiers, filters, and a computer for data processing. Some systems may also include additional equipment such as signal generators and spectrometers.

5. What are some challenges of using a radio astronomical receiving system?

One of the main challenges of using a radio astronomical receiving system is dealing with interference, both from natural sources such as the Earth's atmosphere and from man-made sources such as radio and TV signals. Other challenges include accurately calibrating the system and analyzing the massive amounts of data collected.