Recovering important deleted files

In summary, a separate user account was accidentally deleted on Windows XP, along with important files. The user is looking for a way to recover the files and is asking for recommendations for a program and a download link. However, the success of the recovery may depend on the file system and how long ago the files were deleted. The more the computer has been used since the deletion, the less likely the files can be recovered.
apples
OK, there is this problem which I need urgent help with.
A separate user account was made on windows XP to do some very important work. Later on that account wasn't needed so that account was deleted. Unfortunately, the option chosen was to delete the user's files along with the account. And those files got deleted.
Those files are very very important, and need to be recovered.
Can someone tell me how? If there's a program, can you tell me which one, and if there is a download link you can provide along with that that would be excellent.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. This is a friend's problem and those files need to be recovered. There are around 15 word documents which were in one folder.

Computer science news on Phys.org
google: recover files xp

you'll get something that will work for you.

Whether or not the files can be recovered will depend on the file system and how long ago they were deleted. After you delete a file in NTFS for example, it is removed from the Master File Table, but its bytes never erased from the hard drive. So though the information still hangs around its now free memory that can be overwritten by anything at all. The more you have used your computer since the account was last deleted, the less likely you are to be able to recover the missing data.

Thanks a lot

1. How can I recover important files that I accidentally deleted?

There are several methods for recovering deleted files, depending on the type of device and the specific file. One option is to check the recycling bin or trash folder, as deleted files are often stored there temporarily. If the file is not there, you can try using a data recovery software program or seeking professional help from a data recovery service.

2. Is it possible to recover files that have been permanently deleted from the recycling bin?

Yes, it is possible to recover permanently deleted files, but it can be more challenging. When a file is permanently deleted, it is no longer accessible through normal means, but the data is still present on the device. You can try using a data recovery software program or seeking professional help from a data recovery service, but there is no guarantee of success.

3. Can I recover files that were deleted a long time ago?

The chances of recovering deleted files decrease as time goes on, but it is still possible. The longer a file has been deleted, the more likely it is that the data has been overwritten by new data. It is best to try to recover the files as soon as possible, but you can still try using a data recovery software program or seeking professional help from a data recovery service.

4. Are there any precautions I can take to increase the chances of recovering deleted files?

Yes, there are some precautions you can take to increase the chances of recovering deleted files. First, stop using the device immediately to prevent new data from overwriting the deleted files. Second, avoid installing new software or saving new files on the device. Third, try to recover the files as soon as possible. And finally, regularly back up your important files to prevent permanent data loss.

5. How can I prevent accidentally deleting important files in the future?

To prevent accidentally deleting important files, you can take a few precautions. First, be mindful when deleting files and double-check before confirming the action. Second, regularly back up your important files to a separate device or cloud storage. Third, use data recovery software or services that offer a feature to recover deleted files. And finally, consider using a file recovery program that can automatically back up your files in real-time.