Regarding the coherence of a photon pair decaying from Higgs

In summary, the conversation is about the decay of the Higgs into photons process and whether there is entanglement involved. The frequencies of the photons are not the same in the lab frame but are the same in the center of mass frame. The question also asks if entanglement is evidence of no intermediate particles and if this can be tested. Additionally, there is a question about using the formula for electron-volt to infer the frequency of the photons in the center of mass frame.
DarkMattrHole
TL;DR Summary
Are the photons coherent and what does this indicate?
Hi all. I have been reading the following article and have a couple of basic questions about the decay of the Higgs into photons process -
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/lhc-part-4-searching-new-particles-decays/
As i understand this decay - the photons will have the same frequency and opposite coherent spin, is that correct? Is there entanglement? If so does this rule out intermediate particle creation and decay? Thanks, all.

Physics news on Phys.org
The frequencies are not the same in the lab frame. They are the same in the center of mass frame, but that justg says the frequencies are the same in the frame where the frequencies are the same. Not sure how this helps.

Thanks Vanadium 50. Any information will be helpful.

The question is not specific to the article, just that i began to wonder how the 'Higgs-into-photon pair' decay takes place in general (before tackling the article) - and to clarify whether such a decay is a direct decay to photons without intermediate particles - is entanglement evidence of no intermediate particles - can/has entanglement be tested? I hope the question actually makes sense, but if not I'm sure i will still be learning what i need to know.

At 125 Gev, I am also wondering - can the basic formula '1 electron-volt [eV] = 241799050402417 hertz [Hz]' be used to infer a frequency of about ~ 3.022 e+25 /2 Hz. for frequency of the photons (in the center of mass frame)?

1. What is the coherence of a photon pair?

The coherence of a photon pair refers to the degree of correlation between the two photons in terms of their properties, such as energy, polarization, and direction of propagation. In the context of Higgs decay, it describes the relationship between the two photons emitted from the decay process.

2. How is the coherence of a photon pair related to Higgs decay?

In Higgs decay, a Higgs boson particle decays into two photons. The coherence of the photon pair is important because it provides information about the properties of the Higgs boson, such as its mass and spin.

3. What factors affect the coherence of a photon pair in Higgs decay?

The coherence of a photon pair in Higgs decay can be affected by various factors, including the energy of the Higgs boson, the distance between the two photons, and the environment in which the decay occurs. It can also be influenced by any interactions the photons may have with other particles.

4. How is the coherence of a photon pair measured in Higgs decay experiments?

The coherence of a photon pair in Higgs decay can be measured using various techniques, such as analyzing the polarization of the photons or studying the angular distribution of the decay products. These measurements can provide valuable information about the properties of the Higgs boson and its decay process.

5. What is the significance of studying the coherence of a photon pair in Higgs decay?

Studying the coherence of a photon pair in Higgs decay is essential for understanding the fundamental properties of the Higgs boson and its role in the Standard Model of particle physics. It can also provide insights into the nature of the Higgs field and its interactions with other particles, leading to a better understanding of the fundamental forces in the universe.