Resonant circuit current calulation

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the current in the right circuit using the current in the left circuit and the components L1, L2, C1, and C2. The person has tried to use impedance and ohm's law, but is unsure of their calculations and requests help. They also mention needing the load impedance in the secondary circuit.
raoxas
hello, collegues,

I need to calculate current on the right circuit, but I don't really know how.

I have the current in left circuit I and L1 L2 C1 C2.

I have tried to calculate this using impedance and ohms law. As Z2=Xc+XL, and U2=jwM, where M - mutual inductance

I think that I2 should be I2=U2/Z2=w^2 M C L I1 / (Lw^2 - c)

p.s. I know I1. Its U1/impedance

but i see from the simulator that I am wrong.. please, could you help me?

I add SH
BpZYq.jpg

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think we need the load impedance in the secondary circuit in order to calculate the current.

1. What is a resonant circuit?

A resonant circuit is an electrical circuit that has a natural frequency at which it can store and transfer energy most efficiently. It usually consists of an inductor and a capacitor, and can also include a resistor.

2. How do you calculate the current in a resonant circuit?

To calculate the current in a resonant circuit, you can use the formula I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance. You will also need to take into account the impedance of the inductor and capacitor at the resonant frequency.

3. What is the resonant frequency of a resonant circuit?

The resonant frequency of a resonant circuit is the frequency at which the inductive and capacitive reactances cancel each other out, resulting in a minimum impedance and maximum current flow.

4. How do you determine the values of the inductor and capacitor in a resonant circuit?

The values of the inductor and capacitor in a resonant circuit can be determined using the formula f = 1/2π√(LC), where f is the resonant frequency, L is the inductance, and C is the capacitance. Alternatively, you can use a resonant frequency calculator or a circuit simulator program.

5. What are the applications of resonant circuits?

Resonant circuits have a variety of applications, including in radio and television broadcasting, wireless charging, and electronic filters. They are also used in electronic devices such as computers, cell phones, and audio equipment.