Rotate Point in Matlab Plotting

In summary, rotating a point in Matlab plotting is a useful tool for visualizing data from different perspectives and revealing patterns or relationships. This can be done using the "rotate" function, which takes in the handle of the object, angle of rotation, and center of rotation as parameters. Multiple points can be rotated at once by specifying a handle to the group of points. To rotate around a specific axis, the "origin" parameter can be used. Additionally, the "unrotate" function can be used to undo a rotation on a specific object or group of points.
eltrinco

Homework Statement

i need to fix a point and rotate another one

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i did this

i've created this:

x=rand(1,3)
y=rand(1,3)
scatter(x,y)

how do i select and make one point fix and make the other point rotate around it?

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Rotate Point in Matlab Plotting

What is the purpose of rotating a point in Matlab plotting?

Rotating a point in Matlab plotting is useful for visualizing data from different perspectives. It allows you to view the data from different angles and can help reveal patterns or relationships that may not be easily visible in the original orientation.

How do I rotate a point in Matlab plotting?

To rotate a point in Matlab plotting, you can use the "rotate" function. This function takes in the handle of the object you want to rotate, the angle of rotation, and the center of rotation as parameters. It then applies the rotation to the specified object.

Can I rotate multiple points at once in Matlab plotting?

Yes, you can rotate multiple points at once in Matlab plotting. You can use the "rotate" function on a group of points by specifying a handle to the entire group instead of individual handles for each point.

How do I rotate a point around a specific axis in Matlab plotting?

You can rotate a point around a specific axis in Matlab plotting by using the "rotate" function with the "origin" parameter. The "origin" parameter allows you to specify the center of rotation as a point in 3D space, allowing you to rotate around a specific axis.

Is it possible to undo a rotation in Matlab plotting?

Yes, it is possible to undo a rotation in Matlab plotting. You can use the "unrotate" function, which takes in the same parameters as the "rotate" function, to undo a rotation on a specific object or group of points.