Saving Favorite Threads on PF Forum

In summary, PF forum users can bookmark posts they find interesting and use a PM to send a link to the bookmark to themselves.
Stephanus
Dear PF Forum,
Does anyone know how we can save our favorite threads INSIDE www.physicsforum.com profile not in our browser?
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
You mean you want to save the links to your favorite threads on PF on PF itself?

The only way I can think of is to use a PM but then you have to invite someone into the conversation.

Let me think on it...

You can mark a thread as watched.

Likes Stephanus
Borek beat me to it. I tried doing a PM to myself but it has a check against that.

It also looks like you can bookmark posts which then by definition are contained in the thread of interest.

Perhaps we can get xenforo to add a personal notes feature however I'm sure that could get abused.

Just tried the book mark and it worked. I bookmarked my post, went to My PF, selected bookmarks, the specific bookmark and it brought me back to this thread.

Likes Stephanus
Borek said:
You can mark a thread as watched.
Thanks Borek, I remember you answering my question in plastic.
But what if just want to reread the thread again.
To study it later?

jedishrfu said:
Just tried the book mark and it worked. I bookmarked my post, went to My PF, selected bookmarks, the specific bookmark and it brought me back to this thread.
Actually I bookmarked them already. It does work. Just curious if we can bookmark PF in PF

Yes - do as jedishrfu said, click the Bookmark under the first thread post.

Poll? Is that a new feature?

Polls were present even in the old, vBulletin based PF.

Likes Stephanus
Regarding the poll, I voted "no," on general principle. I might feel differently about specific cases, however. The poll might benefit from more options, such as "possibly," "maybe," "in some cases," and "perhaps, but only on the Fridays when the garbage truck is late enough not to wake me."

Likes Silicon Waffle

1. How can I save my favorite threads on PF Forum?

To save your favorite threads on PF Forum, click on the "Save" button located at the bottom of the thread. This will add the thread to your "Saved" list, which can be accessed by clicking on your profile picture and selecting "Saved".

2. Can I save threads from different categories?

Yes, you can save threads from any category on PF Forum. Simply click on the "Save" button for each thread you want to save, and they will all be added to your "Saved" list.

3. Is there a limit to how many threads I can save?

No, there is no limit to how many threads you can save on PF Forum. However, it is recommended to regularly clean out your "Saved" list to keep it organized.

4. How do I access my saved threads?

To access your saved threads, click on your profile picture and select "Saved". This will take you to a list of all the threads you have saved.

5. Can I remove threads from my saved list?

Yes, you can remove threads from your saved list by clicking on the "Unsave" button located at the bottom of the thread. You can also remove multiple threads at once by selecting them and clicking on the "Unsave" button at the top of your "Saved" list.