Search PF Easier With Google Search Bar

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there was a discussion about the frustration of using the regular PF search and how some have resorted to using Google to find PF threads. To make it easier, a Google search bar has been added in the "Search" drop down that only searches within PF. This feature was appreciated by the group as it narrows the scope and eliminates irrelevant results. One member also shared a tip on how to limit any Google search to a specific site. Overall, the group was grateful for the new feature and the opportunity to continue learning.
Regular PF search can sometimes be frustrating. Some people have resulted in using google search too find PF threads. To make this easier I've added a google search bar in the "Search" drop down that only searches within PF. enjoy!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sweet! Thanks Greg.

Yay! that looks like a very nice feature. Google pulls up PF references a lot, but narrowing the scope to PF only should be quite helpful.

Wonderful! Thanks Greg!

Works good.

I once tried to search for "Hawking Radiation" and I got every hit with either the word Hawking or Radiation. Now it works. I did not know there was a library database of this topic.

turbo said:
Yay! that looks like a very nice feature. Google pulls up PF references a lot, but narrowing the scope to PF only should be quite helpful.

turbo, you can limit any Google search to a specific site by putting the name of the site at the end of your query like this:

site:physicsforums.com

Nice to have it here though. Thanks, Greg!

Borg said:
turbo, you can limit any Google search to a specific site by putting the name of the site at the end of your query like this:

site:physicsforums.com

Nice to have it here though. Thanks, Greg!
Thanks, Borg. Too dumb to have figured that out, and I appreciate the guidance.

turbo said:
Thanks, Borg. Too dumb to have figured that out, and I appreciate the guidance.
No worries. The day that I stop learning new stuff, I might as well be buried. :tongue:

1. What is the "Search PF Easier With Google Search Bar"?

The "Search PF Easier With Google Search Bar" is a tool that allows users to quickly and easily search for information on the PF (Provident Fund) website using Google's search engine. It is a browser extension that can be installed on Google Chrome and other browsers.

2. How does the Google Search Bar make searching for PF information easier?

The Google Search Bar allows users to search for PF information directly from their browser, without having to navigate through the PF website. This saves time and effort, as users can get the information they need with just a few clicks.

3. Is the Google Search Bar free to use?

Yes, the Google Search Bar is completely free to use. It is a browser extension that can be easily installed from the Chrome Web Store or other browser's extension store.

4. Can I customize the Google Search Bar to search for specific PF information?

Yes, the Google Search Bar has a customizable search option, where users can specify the keywords or phrases they want to search for on the PF website. This allows for more targeted and efficient searches.

5. Is the Google Search Bar reliable for finding accurate PF information?

Yes, the Google Search Bar uses Google's powerful search engine, which is known for its accuracy and relevance. However, it is always recommended to double-check information with official sources to ensure its accuracy.