Searching for a Gasoline Engine Drawing: 3.5-4 Liters

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a gasoline engine drawing with a specific displacement. Suggestions are given for where to find such a drawing, but it is mentioned that it may be difficult to find one with specific specifications. The cost and effort involved in developing an engine is also mentioned.
OlegZin
Hi all
I'm looking for gasoline engine drawing with a displacement of 3.5-4 liters. Any suggestions where I could find one?
Oleg

Engineering news on Phys.org
An engine will have thousands of drawings. Have you tried Google? Or your local library? Or grabcad etc?

I've tried google but didn't find much, if there were any drawings they had only general dimensions. Local library might not have such data... Grabcad got models of engines but they doesn't mention their specification, so I don't know wherther it petrol or diesel engine or what it's displacement, those are important for me.

OlegZin said:
I've tried google but didn't find much, if there were any drawings they had only general dimensions.
That's likely all you'll find. Developing an engine costs millions, manufacturers won't just hand out the thousands of drawings for years of r&d work.
What exactly do you want them for?

Likes berkeman

1. What is a gasoline engine drawing?

A gasoline engine drawing is a technical illustration or diagram that shows the internal components and working mechanisms of a gasoline engine. It is used by engineers and mechanics to understand the design and function of the engine.

2. Why is the engine size specified as 3.5-4 liters?

The engine size is specified as 3.5-4 liters because it refers to the total volume of the engine's cylinders. This measurement is used to classify engines and is important in determining the power and efficiency of the engine.

3. How do I search for a gasoline engine drawing of a specific size?

You can search for a gasoline engine drawing of a specific size by using keywords such as "3.5-4 liter gasoline engine drawing" on search engines or by browsing through technical databases and manuals.

4. Why are gasoline engine drawings important?

Gasoline engine drawings are important because they provide a visual representation of the engine's components and working mechanisms. They are used for designing, troubleshooting, and repairing engines, as well as for educational purposes.

5. Can I use a gasoline engine drawing for any type of engine?

No, gasoline engine drawings are specific to gasoline-powered engines and may not be applicable to other types such as diesel or electric engines. It is important to use the correct type of engine drawing for the specific engine you are working with.