Searching for Technical Paper Topic? Get Ideas Here!

In summary, the person is in their third year of Electrical & Electronics Engineering and is looking for topic suggestions for a technical paper. They are primarily interested in Power Electronics and Electric Circuit Theory, as well as Mechanics and Microcontrollers. However, they have a strong dislike for ElectroMagnetics. They also mention previously researching the Smart Grid, but it did not work out due to lack of faculty interest and being consumed with other commitments. They plan to revisit it after their SAE competition and internship.
roTTer
Need a Topic!

I’m in the 3rd year of Electrical & Electronics Engg. and well it’s high time I started work on a Technical paper.

Primarily I’m interested in Power Electronics and love doing work on Electric Circuit Theory. Also love working in anything related to Mechanics. Microcontrollers is also a field that I’m particularly good at. ElectroMagnetics on the other part is the one I absolutely detest.

Could you suggest topics that are of particular relevance to my interests?

Thank You.

Engineering news on Phys.org

roTTer said:
I’m in the 3rd year of Electrical & Electronics Engg. and well it’s high time I started work on a Technical paper.

Primarily I’m interested in Power Electronics and love doing work on Electric Circuit Theory. Also love working in anything related to Mechanics. Microcontrollers is also a field that I’m particularly good at. ElectroMagnetics on the other part is the one I absolutely detest.

Could you suggest topics that are of particular relevance to my interests?

Thank You.

You did some research into the Smart Grid back in October -- how did that turn out?

I worked on it for a month and a half. The faculty seemed disinterested and I decided on continuing it myself. It didn’t work out, and got totally consumed with my SAE competition.

Left it off from there. Will try working on it in the vacation after the SAE and internship gets over.

1. What is the importance of choosing a good technical paper topic?

Choosing a good technical paper topic is important because it determines the focus and direction of your research. A well-chosen topic will make your paper more interesting, relevant, and valuable to the scientific community.

2. How can I come up with ideas for a technical paper topic?

One way to come up with ideas for a technical paper topic is to read through current research papers and identify gaps or areas that need further exploration. You can also brainstorm with your peers, attend conferences and workshops, or consult with your supervisor for potential topics.

3. Should I choose a broad or specific topic for my technical paper?

This depends on your research goals and the requirements of your assignment. A broad topic allows for a more general and comprehensive analysis, while a specific topic allows for a more focused and in-depth analysis. Consider the scope of your paper and the available resources before making a decision.

4. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a technical paper topic?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a technical paper topic include the relevance and significance of the topic to your field of study, the availability of resources and data, and your personal interest and knowledge in the topic. It is also important to consider the potential impact of your research on the scientific community.

5. Can I change my technical paper topic after starting my research?

In most cases, it is possible to change your technical paper topic after starting your research. However, it is important to discuss any changes with your supervisor and ensure that the new topic is feasible and within the scope of your assignment. Changing a topic may also require additional time and resources, so it is important to carefully consider your decision.