Short circuit for resistors

In summary, a short circuit for resistors occurs when there is a direct connection between two points in an electrical circuit, resulting in a low resistance and excessive current flow. This can cause resistors to overheat and potentially damage the circuit or other components. Short circuits can be caused by various factors and can be prevented by careful circuit design, maintenance, and the use of protection devices. If a short circuit is suspected, the power should be turned off and the circuit should be inspected and repaired before reconnecting.
A13235378
Homework Statement
My doubt is: Due to the AA flat wire, the resistances in blue would be shorted. Yes or not? Why?
I don't know if that's the case, but from what I've learned, the current prefers to pass through regions of minimal resistance. However, due to the other flat wire, BB, it appears that all 10 ohm resistors are in parallel. Am I right or am I wrong? If wrong, what would be the current path? Disregard the purple markings
Relevant Equations
U = RI
Sem título.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Is the BB short there too?

berkeman said:
Is the BB short there too?
Yes

A13235378 said:
it appears that all 10 ohm resistors are in parallel. Am I right or am I wrong?
You are correct.

Likes berkeman

1. What is a short circuit for resistors?

A short circuit for resistors occurs when there is a direct connection between the two terminals of a resistor, bypassing the intended path of current flow. This results in a very low resistance and can cause damage to the resistor or other components in the circuit.

2. How does a short circuit affect the performance of a circuit?

A short circuit can disrupt the normal flow of current in a circuit, potentially causing overheating, damage to components, or even a complete failure of the circuit. It can also lead to inaccurate readings or malfunctioning of electronic devices.

3. What causes a short circuit for resistors?

A short circuit can be caused by a variety of factors, such as faulty wiring, damaged components, or incorrect connections. It can also occur due to physical damage to the circuit, such as exposure to moisture or excessive heat.

4. How can a short circuit for resistors be prevented?

To prevent a short circuit for resistors, it is important to carefully design and construct the circuit, ensuring that all connections are secure and components are not damaged. Using appropriate circuit protection devices, such as fuses or circuit breakers, can also help prevent short circuits.

5. What should be done if a short circuit for resistors occurs?

If a short circuit for resistors occurs, it is important to immediately disconnect the power source and inspect the circuit for any damage. The short circuit should be located and repaired, and any damaged components should be replaced. It is also important to identify the cause of the short circuit to prevent it from happening again in the future.