Short term course on theoretical physics

You may want to look into online courses or summer programs, but it will be difficult to cover all the necessary material in such a short period of time. It seems that you are a final year B Tech student in electrical engineering with an interest in theoretical physics, and you have applied to US universities for applied physics with the hope of switching to theoretical physics later. However, you are also looking for a short-term course (6 months to 1 year) to prepare for the GRE Physics exam and gain more experience in physics. Your general GRE score is 1520. In summary, you are a final year B Tech student with an interest in theoretical physics who is looking for a short-term course to prepare for the GRE Physics exam and gain more experience
prashanthsk
I am doing my final year B Tech in electrical engineering, but my interest is in theoretical physics. Though I have applied to some US universities for applied physics with the hope that I can switch to theoretical physics later but am not sure if I will get admission.

Can anyone suggest me any short term (6months to 1 year) course wherein I can equip myself so that next year I can write GRE Physics and with good physics curriculam experience. I am from India.

My general GRE score is 1520.

Thanks - Prashanth SK

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand your question. You want to learn what a physics undergraduate learns in 4 years in 6 months?

Related to Short term course on theoretical physics

1. What is the purpose of a short term course on theoretical physics?

A short term course on theoretical physics is designed to provide an introduction and overview of the fundamental principles and concepts of theoretical physics. It aims to equip students with a basic understanding of the theoretical frameworks and mathematical tools used to study the behavior of matter and energy in the universe.

2. Who is eligible to take a short term course on theoretical physics?

Typically, a short term course on theoretical physics is open to students who have a background in mathematics and physics at an undergraduate level. However, some courses may also be suitable for high school students with a strong interest and aptitude in these subjects.

3. What topics are covered in a short term course on theoretical physics?

The topics covered in a short term course on theoretical physics may vary, but some common areas include classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and relativity. It may also touch upon more advanced concepts such as field theory, cosmology, and string theory.

4. What are the benefits of taking a short term course on theoretical physics?

A short term course on theoretical physics can provide students with a strong foundation in theoretical physics, which can be useful for pursuing further studies or careers in the field. It can also enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills and provide a deeper understanding of the physical world.

5. Are there any prerequisites for a short term course on theoretical physics?

While some basic knowledge of mathematics and physics may be beneficial, most short term courses on theoretical physics do not have strict prerequisites. However, it is recommended to have a strong interest and motivation to learn, as well as a willingness to engage in rigorous mathematical and conceptual thinking.