Simulink bloc of PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous motor) parameters

In summary: If you have tried a google search on PMSMs in Simulink, and found some good resources, then you can try looking for a tutorial on the subject. Alternatively, you could try contacting the author of the block you found to ask if they can provide more information about it.
said76
greetings.
I designed a system on simulink.
it is missing a pmsm.
I found a block on simpowersystems in simulink nde matlab.
I hope that this engine provides a nominal power of 96kw and maximum of 100kw.
so how to test it? to verify that this engine can deliver these two powers?
cordially. said.

Engineering news on Phys.org
greetings.
thank you for your answer and advice.

yes that's right, for now, there are no answers.

For the other information, yes, this engine is composed of a stator which has a resistance and an inductance.

A rotating rotor that has permanent magnets to generate a constant flow.

There are also pairs of poles named P.

The stator will be powered by a balanced three-phase voltage system.

In simulink of matlab, specifically in simscape, in simpowersystems, is this block of PMSM.

Also there is the model of park which replaces the system of tension to three in two vd and vq.

Also there are the electrical and mechanical equations, determining the torque and the power, but when I set the inductance or the flux, in order to find the desired power and torque, the result is nonlinear.

cordially.
SAID.

said76 said:
greetings.
I designed a system on simulink.
it is missing a pmsm.
I found a block on simpowersystems in simulink nde matlab.
I hope that this engine provides a nominal power of 96kw and maximum of 100kw.
so how to test it? to verify that this engine can deliver these two powers?
cordially. said.
I did a google search on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor in Simulink, and got lots of good hits. Have you tried such a search? Here are a couple of the first hits on the google search list:

https://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sps/examples/permanent-magnet-synchronous-machine.html

https://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sps/powersys/ref/permanentmagnetsynchronousmachine.html

1. What is a PMSM and how does it work?

A PMSM, or permanent magnet synchronous motor, is a type of electric motor that uses permanent magnets to generate motion. It works by utilizing the interaction between the stator and rotor magnetic fields to produce torque and rotation.

2. What are the key parameters of a PMSM and how do they affect performance?

The key parameters of a PMSM include the number of poles, stator winding configuration, rotor type, and magnet type. These parameters determine the motor's speed, torque, efficiency, and power output. For example, a higher number of poles can result in a lower maximum speed but higher torque output.

3. How can I model a PMSM in Simulink?

To model a PMSM in Simulink, you can use the "Simscape Multibody" library and select the "Electrical" and "Motors" sub-libraries. Then, choose the appropriate PMSM block and enter the necessary parameters such as number of poles and winding configuration.

4. What are the common challenges when simulating PMSM parameters in Simulink?

One of the common challenges when simulating PMSM parameters in Simulink is accurately representing the nonlinearities and complexities of the motor. This can include factors such as magnet demagnetization, iron losses, and saturation effects. Additionally, tuning the model to match experimental data can also be a challenge.

5. What are some applications of PMSMs and why are they preferred over other types of motors?

PMSMs are commonly used in applications such as electric vehicles, industrial machinery, and renewable energy systems. They are preferred over other types of motors due to their high efficiency, compact size, and precise control capabilities. Additionally, PMSMs have a high power-to-weight ratio and can operate at high speeds, making them ideal for many modern applications.