So, i can find my notes andlike, now please

• Thread starter confused.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Notes
In summary: Then reduce series pairs to get one resistor. In summary, in order to solve for current, voltage, and resistance in parallel and series circuits, you will need to understand Kirchoff's laws, Ohm's law, and the rules for adding resistors in parallel and series. These can be found in a physics textbook or by doing online research. It is important to understand these concepts in order to solve circuit problems. Good luck on your test!
confused.
alright so i just found out I've got a physics test tomorrow and i can't find my notes. can somebody help explain the rules for parallel and series circuits and how to solve them for current, voltage, and resistance? i think that's all i need..

ps-this is my first post so yay! maybe this will keep me from failing =)

Physics news on Phys.org
confused. said:
alright so i just found out I've got a physics test tomorrow and i can't find my notes. can somebody help explain the rules for parallel and series circuits and how to solve them for current, voltage, and resistance? i think that's all i need..

ps-this is my first post so yay! maybe this will keep me from failing =)

Signing up to a new forum the night before your exam is likely provide much more of a distraction than a learning aid.

If you simply google these questions, you'll find plenty of answers.

right.. but i googled those questions and links to this forum came up. only they were just answers to some kid's homework, so it didnt really help.

Read up on Kirchoff's laws (junction and loop rule) -- Also I'm assuming you have a book? Read it and do practice problem.

Also try looking up parallel and series resistors, doesn't sound like you're doing capacitors yet.

Basically in a circuit we have a voltage source, it increases the voltage and everything else (resistors, capacitors, etc) can be thought of as decreasing the voltage. So if you write everything out in terms of voltage the equations should equal 0. Just make multiple loops around the circuit until you have as many equations as unknowns, then just solve.

Feldoh said:
Read up on Kirchoff's laws (junction and loop rule) -- Also I'm assuming you have a book? Read it and do practice problem.

Also try looking up parallel and series resistors, doesn't sound like you're doing capacitors yet.

Seconded...these are more commonly referred to as the KVL and KCL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirchhoff's_circuit_laws

Also make sure you know Ohm's Law and the rules for adding resistors in parallel and series is described here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_and_parallel_circuits

The general rules are:

For series circuits:
1. The current is the same for all elements.
2. The voltage drops sum to the source voltage.
3. Resistances add.

For parallel circuits:
1. The voltage is the same for all elements.
2. The the branch currents sum to the total current.
3. The sum of inverse of the individual resistors is the inverse of the total resistance.

In general for series parallel circiut reduce parallel pairs, to get a series circiut.

Related to So, i can find my notes andlike, now please

1. How can I easily find my notes?

With advancements in technology, there are now many note-taking apps or software that can help you organize and find your notes easily. Some popular options include Evernote, OneNote, and Google Keep.

2. Is there a specific method for taking notes?

There are various note-taking methods, such as the Cornell method, mind mapping, or bullet journaling. It is essential to find a method that works best for you and helps you retain information efficiently.

3. How can I make sure I don't lose my notes?

One way to prevent losing your notes is by regularly backing them up. You can save them on a cloud storage service or a physical device, such as a USB drive. Another tip is to organize your notes and have a designated place for them, so you always know where to find them.

4. Can I search for specific keywords or phrases in my notes?

Most note-taking apps or software have a search function that allows you to search for specific keywords or phrases within your notes. This feature can save you time and effort in finding the information you need.

5. How can I improve my note-taking skills?

Some tips for improving note-taking skills include actively listening and summarizing information, using keywords and abbreviations, and reviewing and organizing notes regularly. It's also helpful to find a note-taking style that works best for you and practice it consistently.