Solve Calculus Questions with Step-by-Step Solutions

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the conversation is about solving two questions involving the Taylor series of ln(1+x) and finding the derivative of a function with a piecewise definition. The person asking the questions also wonders if one of the equations may cancel out during the solving process.
transgalactic
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
1. Do you know the taylor series of ln (1+x) ? That would help.

2. Come on mate you can do this one. Don't let the absolute value scare you, just replace it with its piece wise definition! If x > 0, |x| = x. If x < 0, |x| = -x and if x=0, |x| = 0.

Find the derivative for the two separate pieces. Find the correct derivatives (check your working again), then set them equal to 0 for the extreme points and solve.

so i make two separate equations and solve them
is there a chance that one of them will cancel out??

Not two separate equations, just a single function that defined in terms of TWO pieces.

1. How can I use this tool to solve calculus questions?

This tool allows you to enter any calculus question and provides step-by-step solutions to help you understand the process of solving it. Simply input your question and the tool will guide you through each step until you reach the solution.

2. Can I use this tool for both basic and advanced calculus problems?

Yes, this tool can be used for both basic and advanced calculus problems. It covers a wide range of topics including limits, derivatives, integrals, and more.

3. Will the step-by-step solutions be explained in detail?

Yes, the step-by-step solutions provided by this tool are explained in detail to help you understand the concepts and processes involved in solving the problem. You can also pause and rewind the solutions to review specific steps.

4. Are the solutions generated by this tool accurate?

Yes, the solutions generated by this tool are accurate. However, it is always recommended to double-check your answers and understanding of the concepts.

5. Can I access this tool on any device?

Yes, this tool is accessible on any device with internet connection. You can use it on your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.