Solve IE Security Options to Download Files Without Asking

In summary, the individual is explaining their frustration with having to constantly download .tiff files at work and dealing with multiple pop-ups in Internet Explorer. They have found a way to disable the pop-ups but it affects all websites, and they want to only disable it for a trusted domain. They do not want to switch to a different browser.
Pattonias
At work, I often have to download .tiff files to work with drawings. Sometimes when searching through these drawings I have to download dozens of these files rapidly just to shuffle through them. Every time I click the view button, IE gives a pop-up saying that the website is trying to download something and has been stopped. I then have to approve the download and then reload the page every time I want to view a file.

I have figured out how to tell IE to download files without asking, but it does this for every web page and actually has three pop-up on startup of the browser and a another pop-up on every web-page telling me that my browing is not safe and I should change them back.

I want the browser to download everything from this trusted domain, and not ask any questions. I also don't want to be told that the browser does not think this is safe.

I don't have to option of using any other browser, so please no comments on the wonders of some other web-browser.

This is really frustrating.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Nevermind I figured it out.

1. How do I solve IE security options to download files without asking?

To solve IE security options to download files without asking, you will need to adjust your browser settings. Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Then, click on the Security tab and select the Internet zone. Next, click on the Custom level button and scroll down to the Downloads section. Make sure that the option "Automatic prompting for file downloads" is set to Enable. Click OK to save the changes. This will allow files to be downloaded without prompts in the future.

2. Why is IE asking me for permission to download files?

Internet Explorer has a built-in security feature that prompts users for permission before downloading files. This is to prevent potentially harmful or unwanted downloads. However, if you trust the source of the file, you can adjust your browser settings to allow automatic downloads without prompts.

3. Can I disable the IE security options to download files without asking?

Yes, you can disable the IE security options to download files without asking by following the steps in the first question. However, it is important to note that this may leave your computer vulnerable to malicious downloads. It is recommended to only disable this feature if you trust the source of the files you are downloading.

4. Is it safe to automatically download files in IE?

It is generally safe to automatically download files in IE as long as you trust the source of the files. However, it is important to have up-to-date antivirus software and to be cautious when downloading files from unknown sources. It is also recommended to periodically check your downloads folder for any potentially harmful files.

5. Can I set exceptions for specific websites to automatically download files in IE?

Yes, you can set exceptions for specific websites to automatically download files in IE. To do this, go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Then, click on the Security tab and select the Trusted sites zone. Click on the Sites button and add the website to the list of trusted sites. Then, click on the Custom level button and scroll down to the Downloads section. Set the option "Automatic prompting for file downloads" to Enable. Click OK to save the changes. This will allow files to be downloaded from the specific website without prompts.