Solve Part (b) of Nonzero Polynomials | Help Needed

• MHB
  • Thread starter Joe20
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Polynomials
In summary, solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials helps find the roots or solutions of the polynomial equation, which is useful for graphing, determining behavior, and solving real-world problems. To determine if a polynomial has a nonzero constant term, look for the term without a variable. The process for solving part (b) involves setting the polynomial equal to zero and using algebraic techniques. A graphing calculator can also be used, but understanding the process by hand is important. Solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials is significant in real-world applications as many phenomena can be modeled by polynomial equations and solving them helps make predictions and solve problems in various fields.
Joe20
Hi all, I have solved part (a) which require verification if it is correct.

However, for part b, I am not sure how to do. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Attachments

• q1.png
    q1.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.q1.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.q1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 53
Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: fundamental theorem of algebra, I think. What would such a polynomial have to look like?

Related to Solve Part (b) of Nonzero Polynomials | Help Needed

1. What is the purpose of solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials?

The purpose of solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials is to find the roots or solutions of the polynomial equation. This can help in graphing the polynomial, determining its behavior, and solving real-world problems that involve polynomial equations.

2. How do I know if a polynomial has a nonzero constant term?

A nonzero constant term is a term in a polynomial that does not have a variable attached to it. To determine if a polynomial has a nonzero constant term, look for the term without a variable and check if it is equal to zero. If it is not equal to zero, then the polynomial has a nonzero constant term.

3. What is the process for solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials?

The process for solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials involves setting the polynomial equal to zero and then using algebraic techniques, such as factoring or the quadratic formula, to find the roots or solutions of the equation. These roots can then be used to graph the polynomial or solve real-world problems.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve part (b) of nonzero polynomials?

Yes, you can use a graphing calculator to solve part (b) of nonzero polynomials. Most graphing calculators have the ability to find the roots of a polynomial equation. However, it is still important to understand the process and techniques for solving polynomials by hand.

5. What is the significance of solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials in real-world applications?

Solving part (b) of nonzero polynomials is important in real-world applications because many phenomena in science, engineering, and finance can be modeled by polynomial equations. By solving these equations, we can make predictions, analyze data, and solve problems in various fields.