Solving Homework: Understanding I/O Designation Charts

In summary, the conversation discussed a homework problem involving ladder logic and I/O charts. The person providing the summary also shared a link to a resource for simple ladder logic and pointed out a mislabeling in the attempt provided. The missing link was also added for clarification.
Connorm1

Homework Statement

Uploaded as image 1 I will show my workings for 2 if 1 are in the right direction
I also don't understand what is meant as I/O Designation charts (nowhere in my study notes)

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

Uploaded as image 2 is my attempt.

Attachments

• Question.png
    Question.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 1DA00B99-8AF4-4D16-862A-E55E287F8547.jpeg
    1DA00B99-8AF4-4D16-862A-E55E287F8547.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 261
Physics news on Phys.org
1) Here is a link to some simple ladder logic with I/O charts. I expect this is what you are being asked for.
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/digital/chpt-6/digital-logic-functions/
2) In you attempt, it appears you have mislabeled IND3. It looks like another IND2 to me.

.Scott said:
1) Here is a link to some simple ladder logic with I/O charts. I expect this is what you are being asked for.
2) In you attempt, it appears you have mislabeled IND3. It looks like another IND2 to me.
Yeah you are correct, i meant IND 3 for rung 5 (N/O contactor 3/2). Also could you relink it, nothing there :) thanks!

I added the missing link to my original response.

.Scott said:
I added the missing link to my original response.
Thank you, if No.1 is looking okay, i'll plod onto number 2 and get the rest answered for confirmation, thank you scott :)

1. What is an I/O designation chart?

An I/O designation chart is a visual representation of the input and output connections for a particular device or system. It shows which pins are used for input and which are used for output, as well as any special designations or functions.

2. Why is it important to understand I/O designation charts?

Understanding I/O designation charts is important because it allows you to properly connect and configure devices and systems. It also helps you troubleshoot any issues that may arise during use.

3. How do I read an I/O designation chart?

To read an I/O designation chart, start by identifying the device or system you are working with. Then, locate the corresponding chart and familiarize yourself with the symbols and labels used. Finally, follow the lines and connections to understand the input and output connections.

4. Are I/O designation charts standardized?

No, I/O designation charts are not standardized. They may vary depending on the manufacturer or type of device or system. It is important to refer to the specific chart for the device or system you are working with.

5. Can I create my own I/O designation chart?

Yes, you can create your own I/O designation chart for a device or system if one is not already available. This can be useful for documenting your own connections and configurations, or for sharing with others who may be using the same device or system.