Solving Pumping Issues for Treated Water Line Installation

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of pumping treated water at 4 bars with no suitable pump available. The solution is to install identical pumps with the same flow rate and head in series, which will result in a total head of 4 bars and the same flow rate. Additional information can be found on the websites provided, specifically in the fluid mechanics section.
eaaaazizo
i have one problem for pumping treated water in line 4 bars there is no suitable pump with this suitable head so what is the procedures for series instlations ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Chose identical pumps same flow rate and same head and by installing them in series the head will sum up and the flow rate will stay the same , so if you chose 4 identical pump with 1 bar in head each and install them you will get 4 bars and the same flow rate.

For more information about series and parallel pumps visit this website it is helpful :
http://www.firavia.com/pump.html <<< page 39.
http://www.firavia.com/mecheng.html <<< fluid mechanics section.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some common causes of pumping issues in treated water line installation?

Pumping issues in treated water line installation can be caused by a variety of factors, including clogged pipes or filters, faulty pumps or valves, air pockets in the line, or low water pressure. It is important to identify the specific cause in order to effectively solve the issue.

2. How can I determine the correct pump size for my treated water line installation?

The correct pump size for a treated water line installation depends on factors such as the distance the water needs to be pumped, the desired flow rate, and the elevation changes in the line. It is best to consult a professional or use pump sizing calculators to ensure the proper pump size is selected.

3. What steps can I take to prevent future pumping issues in my treated water line installation?

Regular maintenance and inspection of the pump, valves, and pipes can help prevent future pumping issues in a treated water line installation. It is also important to properly size and select the pump for the specific needs of the system and to ensure proper installation.

4. Can pumping issues be fixed without interrupting water service?

In some cases, pumping issues can be fixed without interrupting water service by utilizing bypass lines or alternate pumps, if available. However, if a major repair or replacement is needed, water service may need to be temporarily shut off.

5. How can I tell if my treated water line installation is experiencing a pumping issue?

Signs of a pumping issue in a treated water line installation may include low water pressure, inconsistent flow, or no water coming out of the faucet. You may also notice strange noises coming from the pump or observe water leaks or puddles near the pump or pipes. It is important to address any of these signs promptly to prevent further damage.