SONY PS3 ? PS2 better or Computer Game better?

In summary: PC than on a console, but that's not to say that one can't enjoy a game equally well on both platforms. In summary, Sony will be releasing their new PS3 console next year. Some people prefer computer games with graphics and performance, while others prefer console games with graphics and performance. However, the best graphics and performance can be achieved on a PC.
Saint
I heard that Sony will roll out PS3 next year, true?

Anyone play PS2?
IT is sold for about 150USD in malaysia, free 15 games. Worth it?

You prefer PS2 or computer games with extreme graphic card and big monitor?

Computer science news on Phys.org
PS2 is fun... xbox is better (it has halo)

computer is better for a lot of differnt games... the craft group- warcraft starcraft etc computer is good for quick first person shooter games--- although some still perfer the feel of a controller..

Just try it out for a bit and see if you like it ennough to buy it.

I've always like computer games better. Better technology and and features.

Saint said:
I heard that Sony will roll out PS3 next year, true?

Anyone play PS2?
IT is sold for about 150USD in malaysia, free 15 games. Worth it?

You prefer PS2 or computer games with extreme graphic card and big monitor?

All my friends who play are into computer games, playing real time strategy games where they build civilizations and play online as teams in war games. It's shocking how much money can be spent on computer enhancements for gaming. They all assure me the computing power possible behind that is superior to anything PS2, Xbox, etc. has.

However, since I sit at a computer all day I can't wait to get away from it, so I just play PS2 which is great fun on my big Sony TV. And since I think all day I don't want to play games that require much of that, so I really like mindless first person shooters where I can blast people and blow things up. :tongue2: I loved the Medal of Honor games, and I can't wait for Call of Duty next month. I like funny platformer games too like Ratchet and Clank; too bad they messed up the Crash Bandicoot franchise, that was hilarious to play on PS1.

Last edited:
yes, but the best computers out there do not have the cell cpu.

The ps3, however, does.

edit; guess I need to change my sig.

By far, computer is much better imho.

Get yourself an athlon 64, with a 21 inch monitor, and 2gig ddram 333 ram, with an x800 or a 6800gt.

You will be set for the next several years.

Consoles are stuck in their own field. You will rarely see a new game for PS2 that has enormous increase in graphics potential.

The biggest argument in favour of computers here for me is the increased control of a mouse over a console controller. Your thumbs just can't be as precise as a mouse. Not to mention the huge gap between console resolution and PC resolution (many games can now be played at 1600x1200). Excluding the resolution issue, the graphics generated by a PC video card are also much better than a console.

either way one can prob get an exact replica of any of the console controlers for ones computer, plus there's some emulators out there that let one play games from ones console, so a computer is a console + more. :smile:

For some games i like the pc, for others i prefer the ps2. In most cases i prefer the pc due to what "Sirus" said, control. The computer is much better for games requiring control. I am into the "Racing/Driving" genre and I like the ps2 for GT3. So for me it is just that i like to play some games on the ps2 and some on my pc (although i don't have a gaming machine).

By the way only a bias person would ever think that the xbox is better that the ps2. Come on it is a fact that ps2 outperforms the xbox, plus all the mods for the xbox are available for the ps2 also.

ps2: winner

of course. PS2 all the way. :rofl:

The X-box console itself is better then the ps2. But the variety of games is much better on the ps2, that's what makes it better overall.

In terms of computer or ps2, i prefer ps2. But i am biased towards rpgs (like final fantasy). In my opinion, for single player games it doesn't get any better then the ps2.

HAlO 2=xbox
therefore
xbox > all

I hope it isn't true, after all I didn't spend £250 for nothing. When PS2 was released, it had a disappointing start, games admittedly sucked.

On the other side and for those that understand it, the release of PS3 would cause enourmous complaints and would foresee Sony's stock market profitability
go down the drain, as a matter of fact, no wonder Sony's performance in the Stock Market is worsening day after day.

By far, computer is much better imho.

Get yourself an athlon 64, with a 21 inch monitor, and 2gig ddram 333 ram, with an x800 or a 6800gt.

Well, that I strongly disagree with.

It's fair to remark that graphics and perhaps performance is slightly better than consoles however spending that much amount of money is a sure setback in your life if you're not rich.

DM said:
...spending that much amount of money is a sure setback in your life if you're not rich.

The poster of that comment said the same thing right after he made the comment. Yes, these things are expensive, but they are definitely accessible and possibly a good buy for people that are seriously into PC gaming. The hardware listed is definitely not the peak of the PC spectrum, so things can get quite a bit more expensive.

cause my pc is so uberly sexy it pwns any other game console.

J20gU3:

Mine is even more ubber sexy! So there! :-)

1. Is the SONY PS3 still relevant in the gaming industry?

Yes, the SONY PS3 is still relevant in the gaming industry. While it may not be as popular as newer gaming consoles, it still has a loyal fan base and a wide selection of games available.

2. Which is better for gaming, the PS3 or the PS2?

It ultimately depends on personal preference. The PS3 has better graphics and more advanced technology, but the PS2 has a larger selection of games. Both have their own unique features and strengths.

3. Can a computer game provide the same gaming experience as a console?

It depends on the computer's specifications and the game itself. Some computer games may have better graphics and performance compared to consoles, while others may be optimized specifically for consoles.

4. Is the SONY PS3 backward compatible with PS2 games?

Yes, some versions of the SONY PS3 are backward compatible with PS2 games. However, this feature was removed in newer models. It is best to check the specifications of your PS3 before purchasing.

5. Can I play online with a SONY PS3?

Yes, the SONY PS3 has online capabilities with the PlayStation Network. However, some features may require a subscription to PlayStation Plus. It is also important to note that the online community for PS3 may not be as active as newer consoles.