Spherical charge distribution to generate this E-field

In summary: Perhaps you forgot to multiply Q2 by ε0?In summary, the electric field intensity at R=4cm is 5/epsilon0 .
Mohomad
Homework Statement
spherical volume charge
Relevant Equations
Gauss
A spherical volume charge (R<=1cm) with uniform density ρv0 is surrounded by a spherical surface charge ( R=2cm) with charge density 4 C/m2. If the electric field intensity at R=4cm is 5/Є0 ,deterime ρv0

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

Per the PF rules, we cannot offer any tutorial help until you show us your best efforts to work the problem. What equation(s) do you think you should use in these calculations?

Ok. I am new in forum. Sorry about that. I tried hard but couldn't find the solution. I know equations but i cannot find

Show us how you tried to start the calculation. What equation is the best one to use to start this problem? Please also have a look at the LaTeX Guide link at the lower left of the Edit window -- it's best to post your equations using LaTeX. Thank you.

Ok. I will post here. Thank you for your help

Likes berkeman
1.PNG

sorry, ı am new in electromagnetic and it is so difficult for me

Last edited:
It seems you know something about Gauss' Law but you made some mistakes when you computed Q1 and Q2. Q1 comes from a volume distribution whereas Q2 comes from a surface distribution. The scanned page shows some confusion about this point.

Likes berkeman
ok. Where else could I have a fault

I'd say the scanned page is just a sketch and I find it difficult to read. Please, try to post your ideas first and make a more detailed attempt.

400097500590_233953.jpg

ı found pvo=1900. is there a wrong calculation? please write me

Some thoughts:
1)The numbers, and just the numbers, are OK but:
2) 5/epsilon0 can't be an electric field. Units don't match.
3) Please; use units!
4) Did you find rho= 19 C/m3 or 1900 C/m3?
5) Please, write down the ideas behind your reasoning.

Mohomad said:
ı found pvo=1900.
Check the order of magnitude in your final step to that.

1. What is a spherical charge distribution?

A spherical charge distribution is a type of electric charge arrangement where the charges are uniformly distributed on the surface of a sphere. This can be seen in objects such as conductive spheres or atoms.

2. How does a spherical charge distribution generate an E-field?

A spherical charge distribution generates an E-field by creating a potential difference between the charges on the surface of the sphere. This potential difference creates an electric field that radiates outward from the sphere.

3. What factors affect the strength of the E-field generated by a spherical charge distribution?

The strength of the E-field generated by a spherical charge distribution is affected by the magnitude of the charges on the surface of the sphere, the distance from the center of the sphere, and the dielectric constant of the surrounding medium.

4. Can a spherical charge distribution generate a uniform E-field?

Yes, a spherical charge distribution can generate a uniform E-field if the charges are evenly distributed on the surface of the sphere and the distance from the center of the sphere is large compared to the size of the sphere.

5. How is a spherical charge distribution used in practical applications?

A spherical charge distribution is used in practical applications such as generating electric fields for particle accelerators, creating electric fields for electrostatic painting, and studying the behavior of atoms and molecules in physics experiments.