Static structural ansys, rigid body boundary condition

In summary, the user is having difficulty simulating a seat bus with a rigid push bar. They have attempted to do so and received an error. They are trying the suggestion of the expert and hope it won't error.
syamsul
hi guys, i am new user on ansys
i have task from my lecturer. it is about static test for seat bus. i try simulate the seat bus on ansys statical structural. you can see my model on attachment (untitle1.png).
at that picture, there are 2 bars will push the seat back. the stiffness beahvior of that bars is rigid. and the seat bus is flexible.
for the boundary condition : (you can see on the attachment picture, untitle5.png)
1. fix support on the floorpan
2. force on the bars

the problem :
i can't give force to that bars (rigid), can you give me some advice how to give force to that bars or ,the alternatif solution, how to give force to that seat back without that bars?

thanks

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 934
  • Untitled5.png
    Untitled5.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,369
Engineering news on Phys.org
All real material bodies have finite flexibility, so there really does not seem to be any point to knocking yourself out to model that which cannot exist. Instead, why not assign these elements some very large, but finite, stiffness?

wow, never thought about it, to give large stiffness to the push bar. thank you very much
but what if i change the bar and then give force directly to the seat back. will the result same?

It would be the same if you could apply the same force that acts between the very stiff support and the seat. The problem is, you cannot know that force a priori. Stick with the very stiff back brace.

hmmm, oke thanks
i already did the simulation, with rigid behavior, and i got an eror, idk why, i will show you the eror message latter, hope you can tell me why eror occured.
but i will try your suggestion, hope the simulation will not eror.
thanks sir :)

sir, when i use the push bar as rigid body, i got this message as an eror
anyone can tell me, why i got this message?

Attachments

• Untitled6.png
    Untitled6.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,135

1. What is the purpose of a rigid body boundary condition in static structural Ansys?

A rigid body boundary condition in static structural Ansys is used to constrain the motion of a body in a particular direction. This means that the body will not be able to move or rotate in the specified direction, allowing for a more accurate analysis of structural behavior.

2. How do I apply a rigid body boundary condition in Ansys?

To apply a rigid body boundary condition in Ansys, you will need to first select the body or bodies that you want to constrain. Then, go to the "Constraints" tab and select "Rigid Body". From there, you can specify the direction in which the body should be constrained.

3. Can a rigid body boundary condition be applied to multiple bodies at once?

Yes, a rigid body boundary condition can be applied to multiple bodies at once in Ansys. Simply select all of the bodies you want to constrain before applying the boundary condition. This can save time and effort when working with complex models.

4. What are the limitations of using a rigid body boundary condition in Ansys?

While a rigid body boundary condition can be useful for constraining the motion of a body in a specific direction, it does not account for any deformation or stress within the body itself. This means that it may not accurately represent the true behavior of the structure under certain loading conditions.

5. Are there any alternative methods to using a rigid body boundary condition in Ansys?

Yes, there are alternative methods to using a rigid body boundary condition in Ansys. One alternative is to use a joint element, which allows for more realistic modeling of the connections between bodies. Another option is to use a remote displacement boundary condition, which can simulate the effect of a rigid body constraint without actually applying it to the model.